Sunday, November 5, 2017

JUST BE HELD - Casting Crowns - Your world’s NOT falling apart, it’s falling into place! Lift up your hands, lift up your eyes, that is the place that you will find your Lord ready to come to your rescue. He will come into every place of your life, He will hold your heart, and He will never let you go.

Just Be Held

Your World’s NOT Falling Apart, It’s Falling Into Place

Posted by keith.ross 
I have been on a Casting Crowns marathon lately, and I absolutely love their new album “Thrive”, which I put a note about in my last post as well (and will be writing at least one more specifically about a song from their album).

The song that has really been on my heart a lot lately is this song called“Just Be Held,” and it really has some amazing lyrics.
It talks about being in situations where you are relied upon for strength, and you find yourself totally helpless for not only you, but the person who is relying on you because life’s circumstances have just blindsided you.
I don’t think I am exaggerating much at all when I say this is how I feel just about every day!
I write a lot about how the Lord encourages me, and how He is my voice in the storm, throughout my posts on this site.
So I am not going to speak to any specific situation but more of a general perspective and understanding that I have come to in regards to this. 
It is the reason why this song spoke so truly to my heart, and what lead me to write a post about it.
I am basically going to walk you through the lyrics from this song line by line below, and I will post my “commentary,” if you will, below it. 
I will do the actual lyrics in bold and underlined, and my notes in normal type

Lyrics for “Just Be Held” by Casting Crowns from their website. 

Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
I talk to people often about this subject, and many times I too feel, these same feelings “I wish I were stronger.” 
We feel like there are so many people relying on our strength, and we ultimately end up trying to take the reigns of our own lives.
This is totally backward from what the bible teaches though.
I will quote one of many times Paul speaks of this: “for when I am weak, then am I strong.” – 2 Corinthians 12:10 NASB
God, out of His lovingkindness for us, out of His Fatherly compassion must help you take your eyes off of yourself, and redirect them to the One Who “by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams].” – Ephesians 3:20 AMP
It is in faithfulness that He has afflicted you (Psalms 119:75), this faithful affliction is the life hitting you out of nowhere and barely leaving you holding on.”
And when you’re tired of fighting
Chained by your control
Theres freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go
The point of the storm, the point of you coming to the place of feeling that your world is falling apart, is to bring you to the end of your self.
God will do nothing for you, nor will He deliver you, until you completely lay it all down and let it go.
Do you see how they actually use the words chained by your control?”
Have you ever thought of your trying to take control of everything is actually a destructive behavior that is a result of the fall in Genesis 3?
When Adam decided to be independent by choosing his own will over God’s (Who’s entire purpose for mankind was to be that which He expressed His life and glory through, and that we might become His bride Whom He could have a reciprocal loving relationship with), he chose to separate himself from being dependent on God, which is the way to Eternal Life.
The being chained by your control is the fallen nature that is now in your DNA, passed down from the seed of Adam, and it cannot be helped, healed, or recovered. 
It must be crucified, that is the only way to live, for Jesus Himself said “Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” – Matthew 10:39 ESV
So when you’re on your knees and answers seem so far away
You’re not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world’s not falling apart, its falling into place
I’m on the throne, stop holding on and just be held

Just be held, just be held
It is most inevitable, and most profitable, that we end up on our knees.
We are not capable of surrendering to God without a complete loss of everything in which we would put our faith in otherwise.
God must do away with all that is not of Him. He will allow things in life to hit you out of nowhere, a storm will come, the perfect storm, and “when you’re on your knees and answers seems so far away” that is when the Lord will remove the veil.
Once all has been moved out of the way, and you know you are in a place that only God can save you, that is when you will hear Him whisper “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9a ESV. 
It is only in this place, when you are taking the position of winning through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is on your knees: “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” – Ephesians 3:14 KJV, that you will be able to say with Paul:
“Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9b ESV
Holy crap! Is it possible that these lyrics are true?
Have you ever looked at it as your world’s NOT falling apart, it’s falling into place?
Literally, when you feel things are at their worst that is because your world, your life, is all actually falling into place!
In the light of this revelation focus on the last two lines of the previous verse now:
“I’m on the throne, stop holding on and just be held, just be held, just be held”
Do you realize your Father is the King of kings, Lord of lords, The Alpha and The Omega, The Beginning and The End, the God of Fire, Lord of Hosts, Creator of Universes & new men, our Resurrected Savior, The Most High, whose dominion is without end and whose heart burns in love for His children.
Your Father, the King, is on the throne, and He simply wants you to climb up in His lap and just be held by Him.
Are we not the most favored of all of creation? My heart sings “Abba Father!
Abba definition from “Exhaustive Dictionary of Bible Names”: Abba (ab’-bah) = Father (denotes childlike intimacy and trust. A title of great respect.)
If your eyes are on the storm
You’ll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You’ll know I always have and I always will
If all you are looking at is the storm it will utterly destroy you. You have no power over the storm apart from Christ, but when you look to Him, and trust Him in the midst of your trial then He will deliver you and be glorified in doing so! 
The result of the Lord calming the sea of your soul is a perfect peacefulness and a blessedness beyond anything words can describe.
“And He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, Hush now! Be still (muzzled)! And the wind ceased ( sank to rest as if exhausted by its beating) and there was [immediately] a great calm ( a perfect peacefulness).” – Mark 4:39 AMP
It is our Lord who is the author and perfecter of our faith, keep your eyes on the cross and He will make a way.
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:2 KJV
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you’ll understand
I’m painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
My mother tells me often of a dream she had in which she was crying, and there was an angel with a bottle catching her tears.
It was as if every one of those tears was a prayer, a sweet savor and aroma going up to our Lord, who constantly intercedes on her behalf, on our behalf.
He is painting a picture of beauty with the remains of your life that has been left utterly desolate by the situations that brought you to your knees.
This picture is his “Poiema” that I wrote about in my post I believe the Lord sang us into existence,” this Poiema is the painting, the song of the new life, the new creature, the whole new creation that is in Christ Jesus.
“Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP
The verse above is the verse that saved my life by the way, this is the verse that the Lord first used to show me that I was new, and I have never been the same since. That story is at least a whole post in itself, so keep an eye out for it :-).
Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you’ll find Me
And where you are, Ill hold your heart
I’ll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won’t let go
Next time you are having a bad day, week, year, or heck you can’t remember the last time you have had a good day (I’ve been there), just remember your world’s NOT falling apart, it’s falling into place!
Lift up your hands, lift up your eyes, that is the place that you will find your Lord ready to come to your rescue.
He will come into every place of your life, He will hold your heart, and He will never let you go.
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy- laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” – Matthew 11:28 – AMP
Amen, and be blessed as you watch the lyric video for Casting Crown’s “Just Be Held.”

No comments:

Post a Comment