Sunday, September 3, 2017

- MAKE ME A BLESSING - Ira B. Wilson - Out in the highways and byways of life, many are weary and sad; are weary and sad. Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife making the sorrowing glad. Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing, Out of my life May Jesus shine; Make me a blessing, O savior, I pray, Make me a blessing to someone today.


.
Make Me A 
Blessing 
Lyrics       :   Ira B. Wilson
Composer :  George S. Schuler 
Flute and clarinet offertory at Cleveland Baptist Church
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2B4C3gQV_0BayViewBaptistChurch
Piano duet by Amy Thompson and Sarah Prenevost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLai36i2Q8gpianoHopeChristianHighSchoolLeaTabuzo

lyrics
.
Out in the highways and byways of life, 
many are weary and sad; 
are weary and sad 
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife 
making the sorrowing glad. 

.
Chorus: 

.
Make me a blessing, 
Make me a blessing, 
Out of my life 
May Jesus shine; 

Make me a blessing, O savior, I pray, 
Make me a blessing to someone today. 
.
Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love; 
Tell of His pow'r to forgive; 
Others will trust Him if only you prove 
true ev'ry moment you live. 

.
Chorus 
.
Give as 'twas given to you in your need; 
Love as the Master loved you; 

Be to the helpless a helper indeed; 
Unto your mission be true. 

Chorus 


Ira Bishop Wilson, 1880-1950 Born: Sep­tem­ber 6, 1880, Bed­ford, Io­wa. Died: Ap­ril 3, 1950, Los An­ge­les, Cal­i­for­nia. Buried: For­est Lawn Me­mor­i­al Park, Glen­dale, Cal­i­for­nia. Pseudonym: Fred B. Hol­ton. Wilson’s sis­ter taught him to play the vi­o­lin and or­gan while still at home. Around 1902, Ira be­gan stu­dies at the Moo­dy Bi­ble In­sti­tute in Chi­ca­go, Il­li­nois. In 1905, he went to work for the Lorenz Pub­lish­ing Com­pa­ny in Day­ton, Ohio. His com­po­si­tions ap­peared in The Choir Lead­er and The Choir Her­ald; he al­so served as ed­it­or in chief of The Vol­un­teer Choir. 
  

 








 
p-chron p-files

No comments:

Post a Comment