Tuesday, October 17, 2017

GOING TO HELL FOR NOT HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR THE GOSPEL - It just doesn’t seem right - Christ is sent into a world that is already on the way to hell. Christ is sent into the world that is lost, that is guilty of rejecting the Father whom they do know.

Going To Hell For Not Having The Opportunity To Hear The Gospel
It just doesn’t seem right

God's Wrath on Unrighteousness

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools . . .”  Romans 1:18-22 English Standard Version (ESV)

Are Those Who Have Never Heard of Christ Going to Hell?

FROM R.C. SPROUL
That’s one of the most emotionally laden questions that a Christian can ever be asked.
Nothing is more terrifying or more awful to contemplate than that any human being would go to hell.
On the surface, when we ask a question like that, what’s lurking there is, “How could God ever possibly send some person to hell who never even had the opportunity to hear of the Savior? It just doesn’t seem right.”
I would say the most important section of Scripture to study with respect to that question is the first chapter of Paul’s letter to the Romans.
The point of the book of Romans is to declare the Good News - the marvelous story of redemption that God has provided for humanity in Christ, the riches and the glory of God’s grace, the extent to which God has gone to redeem us.
But when Paul introduces the gospel, he begins in the first chapter by declaring that the wrath of God is revealed from heaven and this manifestation of God’s anger is directed against a human race that has become ungodly and unrighteous.
So the reason for God’s anger is anger against evil.
God’s not angry with innocent people; He’s angry with guilty people.
The specific point for which they are charged with evil is in the rejection of God’s self-disclosure.
Paul labors the point that from the very first day of creation and through the creation, God has plainly manifested His eternal power and being and character to every human being on this planet.
In other words, every human being knows that there is a God and that He is accountable to God.
Yet every human being disobeys God.
Why does Paul start his exposition of the gospel at that point?
What he’s trying to do, and what he develops in the book of Romans, is this: Christ is sent into a world that is already on the way to hell. Christ is sent into the world that is lost, that is guilty of rejecting the Father whom they do know.
Now, let’s go back to your original question, “Does God send people to hell who have never heard of Jesus?”
God never punishes people for rejecting Jesus if they’ve never heard of Jesus.
When I say that, people breathe a sigh of relief and say, “Then we’d better not tell anybody about Jesus because somebody might reject him. Then they’re really in deep trouble.”
But again, there are other reasons to go to hell.
To reject God the Father is a very serious thing. And no one will be able to say on the last day, “I didn’t know that you existed,” because God has revealed Himself plainly.
Now the Bible makes it clear that people desperately need Christ.
God may grant His mercy unilaterally at some point, but I don’t have any reason to have much hope in that.
I think we have to pay serious attention to the passionate command of Christ to go to the whole world, to every living creature, and tell them of Jesus.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You. I receive Your free gift of salvation.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again and I am now a child of God.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now to help me do Your will for the rest of my life. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
If you have just put your trust in Jesus Christ, you have been born into God’s family.
As a spiritual baby, you need to grow by feeding on God’s Word – the Bible (1 Peter 2:2).
You must have a good modern translation Bible and begin prayerfully reading it. Start in the New Testament, such as the Gospel of John or Paul’s letters to the Ephesians.
As you read, ask two questions: “What are You, Lord?” “What do You want me to do?”
Also, you need to join a Christian fellowship where the Bible is taught and where God is truly worshiped.
God bless you as you begin your new life with Him!
.
RELATED POSTS:


CLICK HERE . . .



CLICK HERE . . .



CLICK HERE . . .



CLICK HERE . . .



CLICK HERE . . .



CLICK HERE . . .
Gospel in the Stars

Is There Really a Gospel in the Stars?
CLICK HERE . . .
CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . . 
http://puricarefiles.blogspot.com/2017/02/i-love-to-tell-story-i-love-to-tell.html

lyrics
I love to tell the story of unseen things above
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love
I love to tell the story because I know 'tis true

It satisfies my longings as nothing else can do

[Chorus]

I love to tell the story,
'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and His love

I love to tell the story, 'tis pleasant to repeat
What seems each time I tell it more wonderfully sweet
I love to tell the story for some have never heard
The message of salvation from God's own holy Word

[Chorus]

I love to tell the story, for those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest
And when in scenes of glory I sing the new, new song
'Twill be the old, old story that I have loved so long
 








No comments:

Post a Comment