Friday, December 30, 2016

- GOD IS FAITHFUL - No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it

13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13   English Standard Version (ESV)


God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability
puricarefiles

God did not leave us to fend off the devil’s attacks on our own physical efforts. 
To help us stand firm against fierce trials, He has given us a powerful verse of Scripture in 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." English Standard Version (ESV)
If we want to respond wisely to trials, this verse must become part of our armor of protection.
The word translated "temptation" in the original Koine Greek has a broader meaning than the English word "temptation."  
It includes the idea of being "tempted to sin." But it also carries the idea of "time of trial" or "time of testing."
This word is “peirasmos. It is the same Greek word
used in 1 Peter 4:12 – Suffering as a Christian
12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.13 But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.1 Peter 4:12-13 English Standard Version (ESV)
.
There is no trial that we will go through but such as is "common to man." 
.
There are times that we cannot understand what we are going through. Things seem out of control. All the unexpected just happen. 
.
We seem helpless in the face of so much problems, perplexed in the midst of such complex adversities. We feel that we may not be able to make it.  
.
We ask why we have to endure what no one else has to endure.
.
God knows that we are going through hard times. He knows situations may seem unbearable. But we need to realize that others believers have gone though very similar trials. God has enabled them to get through.
.
When we go through fiery trials, it can do a great comfort if a friend can lay his hand on our shoulder and sincerely say, "This is tough. I've been through
very similar times before. I did not think I could make it, but God got me through. I believe He will do the same for you."
.
But even if friends and relatives would not show up to comfort us in our fiery trials, the Word of God reminds us that there are others out there who have been enlightened and empowered by God to get through similar trials.
.
God assures us that He will not permit our tests "beyond your ability."
.
There are times of weariness that we feel we have reached the end of our rope and are facing a blank wall. God knows us better than we know ourselves. He is our Creator, and if we have received Jesus, His only begotten Son, God the Father, becomes our Heavenly Father.
.
He knows how much we can bear. He knows our capabilities and our load limit. And He promises that He will never allow that tests to go beyond our limits.

Finally, God promises that He “with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
.
There are times when the intensity of trials appears to
have absolutely no means of exit. It is as if we had been pushed into a situation without any reason, no meaning and no solution. 
.
We see no hope whatsoever of getting out. It is during these times, God says, "I will provide the way of escape ." At just the right time, in God’s right way, He will open the door.
.
With our finite vision, we could be staring at horrible circumstances before us, comparing them with our limited strength and knowledge.
.
At times we forget that we have a Father who is bigger than any situations the devil and the world could throw against us. It is during these times when we must force our gaze away from the circumstances and onto our God. 
.
It is during these times that we must cling to His promises knowing that however desperate the circumstances are, He will in His own timing, certainly see us through.
During the Second World War, a stunned British military establishment struggled to determine how it was that events had so quickly gone so horribly wrong. The British and French armies had been been beaten in Belgium and the German advance was swift and decisive. 
The Allied armies, completely unprepared for the rapid, mobile operations of the Germans, had simply been out-fought at every turn. They were completely unprepared to face Hitler's Wehrmacht.
God raised up Winston Churchill to lead Britain through the darkest hour of her history during the Nazi invasion in World War II. All hope seemed to be lost, but he refused to allow them to give up. Eventually God gave them victory over their demonic Nazi enemies.
Later, Churchill was invited to give a speech at a boys school which he himself had attended as a boy. When it was time for him to speak, he walked to the podium and spoke these words, slowly and with great emphasis, "Boys, never give up... Never give up... Never... Never... Never... Never." And he sat down.
.
When you are going through the fiery trial, let this
verse be God's way of giving you three powerful reasons why you should... "Never give up... Never give up... Never... Never... Never... Never!"
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word - the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus Name. Amen.”


RELATED POSTS:


How to Pray 

When Life 

Falls Apart

.

A Word of 

Hope for 

Your 

Darkest Days



Impossible 

Circumstances 

Are Where 

God’s Glory


Shines the 

Brightest

“Because He Lives” 
               
     Bill & Gloria Gaither
    


lyrics

God sent His son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal, and forgive.
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain.
And then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment