Sunday, December 18, 2016

- TRIALS - The cry “How long,” was common throughout the Bible. How long until God kept His promises? Regardless of how things appear, God has not forgotten you. Trust Him. Believe that He will answer your prayers, and bring you victory.

How Long O LORD?
by Inspiration Ministries

"How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?" Psalm 13:1-2 (NASB)
David was honest. His conclusion? God had forgotten him.
He hoped that God would ease his sorrows but it did not seem that God  would come to his aid. In fact, David felt defeated and discouraged.
While still seeking help, he was overwhelmed with this question: “How long?”
How long would he have to endure these problems? How long would he be overwhelmed with sorrow? How long would he feel defeated? 
How long until God kept His promises?
The end of the Psalm reminds us that David’s faith eventually was restored: “I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.” 
Gloom and doubt were replaced by praise. 
Looking back, David declared that he never lost faith but trusted in God’s lovingkindness.
The cry “How long,” was common throughout the Bible.
Having prayed, needing help, men and women wondered when God might act.
Knowing that his soul was “greatly dismayed,” David asked God, “How long?” (Psalm 6:3).
David asked “How long will You look on,” and rescue his soul? (Psalm 35:17).
Others asked the same questions. “How long” would their enemies revile God? (Psalm 74:9-10).
“How long” before God would act? “Will You hide Yourself forever?” (Psalm 89:46).
Do you ever feel that God has forgotten you?
Do you wonder how long it will be until your prayers are answered? Until you receive the help you need? Until God’s enemies are defeated?
If you ever feel this way, remember that like David, you can be honest with God.
Express your concerns.
But, like David, remember that, regardless of how things appear, God has not forgotten you. Trust Him.
Believe that He will answer your prayers, and bring you victory.
It does not matter what the world throws at you. Jesus said we would face trials and tests, but those words are followed by a comma, not a period (John 16:33).
Jesus calls us to face our difficulties with faith. He has already overcome every possible problem we could face. Knowing this will give us supernatural peace.
When we face a crisis, our first reaction is to worry.
But the antidote to worry is prayer. Share your fears and anxious thoughts with Jesus and let His peace override them. His peace will shield you from the darkness of despair.
Stand on God's immovable promises and let His words bring security to your soul. Let His words written in the Bible guide you like signal lights through your dark valley. 
The future is bright on the other side.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus Name. Amen.” 
https://inspiration.org/daily-devotional/how-long/
RELATED POSTS:

.
IN HIS TIME

Trusting God When Your Dreams Are Shattered
Is there anything too HARD for the LORD?
“God Will Make A Way”                                
    DON MOEN


  
lyrics
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way
By a roadway in the wilderness, He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and Earth will fade but His word will still remain
And He will do something new today
Oh, God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way
By a roadway in the wilderness, He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and Earth will fade but His word will still remain
And He will do something new today
Oh, God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way






No comments:

Post a Comment