Thursday, September 29, 2016

- HEAVEN - There are several indications in Scripture that we will maintain our identity in heaven and, thus, be recognizable to our loved ones and they to us.


Will we know our loved ones in heaven?

There are several indications in Scripture that we will maintain our identity in heaven and, thus, be recognizable to our loved ones (and they to us).
For example, Jesus makes it a point in Matthew 22:31-32 that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were alive and existing as individuals by those names.
31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” Matthew 22:31-32 English Standard Version (ESV)

In Matthew 17:1-8, Mark 9:2-8, Peter, James and John recognized Moses and Elijah (The Transfiguration).

17 And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. 3 And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him. 4 And Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.” He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.” 6 When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were terrified. 7 But Jesus came and touched them, saying, “Rise, and have no fear.” 8 And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only. Matthew 17:1-8 English Standard Version (ESV)

 “2 And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James and John, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, 3 and his clothes became radiant, intensely white, as no one on earth could bleach them. 4 And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good that we are here. Let us make three tents, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 6 For he did not know what to say, for they were terrified. And a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice came out of the cloud, “This is my beloved Son; listen to him.” 8 And suddenly, looking around, they no longer saw anyone with them but Jesus only. Mark 9 English Standard Version (ESV)

In 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 Paul expected to recognize in heaven the Thessalonian Christians to whom he had ministered on earth: 
19 For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? 20 For you are our glory and joy.” 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
(see a similar situation in 2 Corinthians 1:14).
14 just as you did partially understand us—that on the day of our Lord Jesus you will boast of us as we will boast of you.” 2 Corinthians 1:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
In addition, Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:12,
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.” 1 Corinthians 13:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
That last phrase, I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.” would indicate that we shall know others as well as be known by others.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).

Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

http://www.backtothebible.org/will-we-know-our-loved-ones-in-heaven
RELATED POSTS:
.
How shall we recognize our loved ones in heaven? 
.







CLICK HERE . . .
 .

Knowing Our Loved Ones in Heaven 
CLICK HERE . . .
 .
Answering Hard Questions About the Afterlife 
CLICK HERE . . .
.
“I’ll Meet You In the Morning” 
     Writer: Albert Brumley
Music video by Bill & Gloria Gaither performing I'll Meet You in the Morning (feat. Jim Murray, Michael English and Mark Lowry) [Live].
Official video for “I’ll Meet You in the Morning [Live]” feat. Calvin Newton, Gene McDonald, Guy Penrod, Ben Speer, and Bill Gaither

CLICK HERE . . .  to view complete playlist

lyrics
I'll meet you in the morning by the bright riverside*
When all sorrow has drifted away
I'll be standin' at the portals when the gates open wide
At the close of life's long dreary day

I'll met you in the morning with a 'How do you do?'
And we'll sit down by the river and with rapture, auld acquaintance renewed
You'll know me in the morning by the smile that I wear
When I meet you in the morning by, in the city that is built four square

I will meet you in the morning in the sweet by and by
And exchange the old cross for a crown
There will be no disappointments and nobody shall die
In that land when life's sun goeth down

I'll meet you in the morning with a 'How do you do?'

And we'll sit down by the river and with rapture, auld acquaintance renewed

You'll know me in the morning by the smile that I wear
When I meet you in the morning in the city that is built four square



 http://www.backtothebible.org/will-we-know-our-loved-ones-in-heaven


 

No comments:

Post a Comment