Friday, September 9, 2016

JESUS IS LORD - Although we rarely use this term in our daily lives, we are all quite familiar with another word: “Boss.” That is basically what “Lord” means — one possessing authority, power, and control.


What Does it Mean to Call Jesus “Lord”?

Charles Stanley
In the New Testament, Lord” is the most frequently used title for Jesus Christ.
Although we rarely use this term in our daily lives, we are all quite familiar with another word: “Boss.”
That is basically what Lord” means — one possessing authority, power, and control.
The Word of God, the Bible, describes Jesus as the head of the church, the ruler over all creation, and the Lord of
lords and King of kings.
Colossians 1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 
   16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. 
   17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 
   18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent." (ESV)
And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation." Revelation 3:14 (ESV)
  "They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will    
        conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those  
        with him are called and chosen and faithful."  Revelation 17: 14 (ESV)
The realm of Christ’s reign covers everything that happens in heaven and on the earth. No one—not even those who deny His existence—can be free of His rule or outside His sphere of authority.
Although Satan tries to convince us that liberty is found in doing what we want, true freedom is acquired only through submission to Christ’s loving lordship.
Even death cannot release anyone from the authority of God’s Son. He is Lord of both the living and the dead.
All people must decide to either yield or rebel against Him. They have the opportunity to make this choice only while they are still living.
After death, they will acknowledge Christ’s lordship through accountability to Him.
If we have not bowed the knee to Jesus in life, we will be forced to bend it in the judgment.
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2: 9 (ESV)
His authority causes anger or fear in individuals who refuse to yield to Him.
But those who have experienced His lovingkindness, trusted in His goodness, and surrendered to His authority take comfort in knowing Him as the Lord of
their lives.
Submit to Christ’s rule over your life now and enjoy the freedom and peace under God. Say this prayer:
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.
Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”


      “I Bow My Knee” 
               Ron Kenoly   
   
    

lyrics

I bow my knee before Your throne
I know my life is not my own
I offer up this song of praise
To bring You pleasure Lord

I seek the Giver not the gift  

My heart's desire is to lift Him
High above all earthly kings
To bring You pleasure, Lord


Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Glory to the King
jesus.org














No comments:

Post a Comment