Friday, September 9, 2016

- SITTING AT THE FEET OF JESUS - Sitting at the feet of Jesus, Where can mortal be more blest? There I lay my sins and sorrows, And, when weary, find sweet rest; Sitting at the feet of Jesus, There I love to weep and pray; While I from His fullness gather Grace and comfort every day.

Sitting at the Feet of Jesus
Author: J. H.              
1 Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
   Oh, what words I hear Him say!
   Happy place! so near, so precious!
   May it find me there each day;
   Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
   I would look upon the past;
   For His love has been so gracious,
   It has won my heart at last. 
2 Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
   Where can mortal be more blest?
   There I lay my sins and sorrows,
   And, when weary, find sweet rest;
   Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
   There I love to weep and pray;
   While I from His fullness gather
   Grace and comfort every day. 
3 Bless me, O my Savior, bless me,
   As *I sit l
ow at Thy feet; [*I’m waiting]
   Oh, look down in love upon me,
   Let me see Thy face so sweet;
   Give me, Lord, the mind of Jesus,   Keep me holy as He is;
   May I prove I’ve been with Jesus,
   Who is all my righteousness.

.
RELATED POSTS:
.
Do you know Jesus or you know about Jesus - would this matter in eternity?
.
The Holy Spirit’s 
Still Small Voice
...
The Power of a Prayer Garden
CLICK HERE . . .
So often in ministry, the Lord deals with my own spirit, saying – "You need to step back and get refocused!"
And we all know how hard it is at times when we get so busy with the normal every day stresses of life tugging at our limited time.
This morning I was re-reading the story of Mary and Martha, and how Mary chose the better part, while Martha was doing the housework.
Now let's not deny the real importance of housework and practical matters; let's face it, with nobody doing that stuff, what would get done? Life would be a mess!
But according to Jesus, something was wrong, and Martha had her priorities out of line. And He made it very clear, Mary had chosen the better part!
Mary preferred and chose relationship and intimacy with the Lord over the physical preparations and housework associated with His visit. And Jesus blessed and protected her choice.
And so the Lord has had to remind me, over and again of the importance of intimacy with Him...before getting down to the work!
It's a constant temptation to slip into an emphasis on DOING the work at hand.
And even in our own personal prayer time, to be mainly focused on those "urgent ministry needs"...and completely forgetting the most important thing, the "better part"- intimacy, personal communication, just BEING with Him.
Let us resolve to choose intimacy with Jesus!
Let us choose the better part! Let us resolve to spend time with the Lord and develop that intimate relationship He so wants with us.
That way we will constantly experience how deep and awesome His love for us is.
And it will make the work we are called to do -- so much easier!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment