Monday, March 6, 2017

- GAP THEORY - The Bible does not directly describe any chronological gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. This gap is an inferred chronological gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 proposed by a small minority of Bible scholars in an effort to reconcile the Bible with popular “Old Earth” interpretations of geological evidence.

The Gap Theory
What The Gap Theory Is
The Gap Theory is a conjectural hypothesis proposed by a small group of Bible scholars who advocate the “Old Earth” perspective - that the Earth is billions or at least millions of years old.
They believe that the vast majority of Earth’s history can be condensed into an ambiguous Gap which they place between the first two verses of Genesis - before it was made “without form and void” as described in Genesis 1:2

These scholars believe that after Earth’s initial creation in Genesis 1:1, there existed a prehistoric era during which time a great number of plants and animals lived, flourished, and became extinct (including the dinosaurs). but before it was made “without form and void” as described in Genesis 1:2
This gap is thought to account for the geological findings of modern science which are interpreted as supporting a lengthy prehistoric era (in contradiction to the Genesis 6-day creation account described in Genesis 1:2-31).
The Bible does not directly describe any chronological gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. It is an inference made by a small minority of Bible scholars. 
Some Gap Theorists believe that this prehistoric era was brought to a close by some sort of a catastrophic event, such as a large asteroid impacting the Earth, or a global flood like the one in the days of Noah.
This catastrophic event left the planet “without form and void.” 

Some Gap Theoriests believe that Satan’s fall, described in Ezekiel 28:13-17, Isaiah 14:12, and Luke 10:18, took place during this ambiguous gap.
These scholars believe that Satan’s fall may have caused such devastation upon the planet that restoration was necessary in order that God could continue His work on Earth. 
What is the Gap Theory in summary?
It is an inferred chronological gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2  proposed by a small minority of Bible scholars in an effort to reconcile the Bible with popular “Old Earth” interpretations of geological evidence. 

.
.
RELATED POSTS:
.
.
Indescribable 
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
Did you know that there is a huge mountain of evidence for the Christian faith?
.
.
.
.

CLICK HERE . . .
.
.
.
10 Things You Should Know about the Lordship of Christ.
.
.

CLICK HERE . . .
http://puricarefiles.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-lordship-of-jesus-christ-he-is-god.html.
.
.
"Creator King"

    Don Moen

    From the album:  "Thank You Lord"  





lyrics
You who made the mountains and the sea
Measured out the universe and You made me
Echoes of the voice that called the worlds to be
Reach throughout the ages and now speak to me
You're my Creator King
You who made the valleys and the skies
Displayed Your love on far horizons and before my eyes
You who lit the stars and set the dawn in time
Called them all by name and now You whisper mine
You're my Creator King
ho am I that You are mindful of me? Yeah
Who am I that You sent Your love on me?
You're my Creator King
You who made the darkness and the light
Sun and moon to watch the day and guard the night
The hand that stretched the Heavens like a canopy
Reaches down to cover and watch over me
You're my Creator King
Who am I? Who am I that You are mindful of me?
Who am I that You sent Your love on me?
Who am I that You are mindful of me?
Who am I that You sent Your love on me? Yeah
You're my Creator King, You're my Creator King
You're my Creator King, You're my Creator King

allaboutcreation.org



                 





No comments:

Post a Comment