Wednesday, March 15, 2017

- LENDING TO THE LORD - When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord—and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!

Lending To The Lord

By Mike Riley 

17 When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord—and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!” Proverbs 19:17 Living Bible (TLB)

The story is told of a father who gave his little boy 50 cents, and told him he could use it any way he wanted.
Later, when his dad asked him about it, the boy told him that he had lent it to someone.
“Who did you lend it to?” the father asked.
The boy answered, “I gave it to a poor man on the street because he looked hungry.”
“Oh, that was foolish. You’ll never get it back,” replied his father.
“But Daddy, the Bible says that people who give to the poor lend to the Lord.”
The father was so pleased with the son’s reply that he gave the boy another 50 cents.
“See,” said the son. “I told you I would get it back. Only I did not think it would be so soon!”
As we look at the needs of others, are we willing to “lend” them some of the material blessings our Father has so richly blessed us with?
The Bible warns against the sin of passing by the needy with pious words while keeping a tight grip on our wallets (James 2:14-17).
Remember that Galatians 6:10 says that we are to “do good to everyone . . .”
We are not promised that we will get rewarded immediately.
But in Jesus’ teaching to His followers about His return, He says we will be rewarded for giving of ourselves to others in His Name (Matthew 25:34-46).
We may give without loving, but we cannot truly love without giving (1 John 3:16-18).
RELATED POSTS:

CLICK HERE . . .

CLICK HERE . . .

CLICK HERE . . .

"He Gave Himself"

      Matt & Christy Taylor   
 


lyrics
Before the fall of man
God had a perfect plan
To fellowship with us was His desire
But Adam disobeyed
To sin became a slave
Now a perfect sacrifice would be required

An offering must be made
The sin debt must be paid
so God and man can reconciled be
so Jesus said I'll go
because He loved me so
He shed His blood to pay sin's penalty

He gave Himself
To pay my debt I could not pay
When I was lost
He gave Himself to be my way
Though I deserve
To be upon the cross that day
In love he took my place
and gave Himself

No greater love has known
No greater love has shown
Than when One lay His life down for a friend
But Jesus died for me
When I was his enemy
A love like this I cannot comprehend

He gave Himself
To pay my debt I could not pay
When I was lost
He gave Himself to be my way
Though I deserve
To be upon the cross that day
In love he took my place
and gave Himself

My nails were in His hands
My crown of thorns He wore
My stripes were on His back
My heavy cross He bore
And when God turned His back
He turned one my sins
Jesus won a victory
That i could never win

He gave Himself
To pay my debt I could not pay
When I was lost
He gave Himself to be my way
Though I deserve
To be upon the cross that day
In love he took my place
And gave Himself

In love he took my place
And gave Himself

He gave Himself




 




No comments:

Post a Comment