Sunday, March 5, 2017

- PRIDE GOES BEFORE DESTRUCTION - Pride was the primeval sin of Satan. The sin of pride is so deadly that a solemn warning about it is placed right at the heart of the Book of Proverbs. Pride and unbelief are two sides of the same coin. When men and women refuse the Bible, the very Word of their Creator, it is fundamentally because they want to be their own "gods," as did Adam and Eve.

 Pride Goes Before 
Destruction

By Henry M. Morris, Ph.D

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18)


This is the middle verse of the entire book of Proverbs, and, in view of the obviously structured original verse divisions throughout the book, it may well have been divinely designed as such.   
.
In any case, the sin of pride is so deadly, it is appropriate that a solemn warning concerning it should be placed here right at the heart of God's book of true wisdom. 
.
The sin of pride was the primeval sin of Satan: "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness" (Ezekiel 28:17).
.
It was the sin by which Satan led Adam and Eve to fall. "Ye shall be as gods," he had said (Genesis 3:5).
 .
It is always the "easily besetting" sin of Christian leaders, especially those who have assumed such leadership prematurely.
.
"Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil" (1 Timothy 3:6).
.
Even Jesus was 30 years old before He began to teach.
.
Though pride is not named as such in the Ten Commandments, in reality it is implied in the very first one. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3).

The essence of all false religion is evolutionary humanism--worshipping and serving the creature more than the Creator (Romans 1:25).
.
Pride and unbelief are two sides of the same coin. When men and women refuse the word of their Creator, it is fundamentally because they want to be their own "gods," as did Adam and Eve. 
.
Human pride is the hidden root of humanism, and of evolutionism, and of "every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God" (2 Corinthians 10:5).
.
It is the very essence of the sin nature which we have inherited from our first parents.
.
How carefully we need to guard against this secret sin of pride. If we do not, it will inevitably lead to humiliation and defeat.
.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8). 
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
RELATED POSTS:
.
GUARD YOUR HEART

.
.
.
.

CLICK HERE . . .
What was the reason of Lucifer's fall from heaven?
.
.
.
.

CLICK HERE . . .
10 Idols of Your Heart to Remove

.
.
.
.
.
.



CLICK HERE . . .

.
“A Pure Heart”
 


CLICK HERE . . . for the complete playlist


lyrics 

A pure heart, that's what I long for.
A heart that follows hard after Thee;

A pure heart, that's what I long for.
A heart that follows hard after Thee.
.
VERSE:
A heart that hides Your Word
So that sin will not come in.
A heart that's undivided
But one You rule and reign;
A heart that beats compassion,
That pleases You, my Lord.
A sweet aroma of worship
That rises to Your throne.

icr.org


 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment