Wednesday, August 9, 2017

LIVING FOR JESUS A LIFE THAT IS TRUE - Living for Jesus a life that is true, striving to please him in all that I do, yielding allegiance glad hearted and free this is the pathway of blessing for me.


.

Living For Jesus A Life That Is True

Music : Thomas O. Chisholm 1917

Words : Harold Lowden 1915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr7kFcb_1c4EdenSymphonyOrchestrageltube
History Of The Hymn LIVING FOR JESUS
lyrics
1 Living for Jesus a life that is true,
striving to please him in all that I do,
yielding allegiance glad hearted and free
this is the pathway of blessing for me. 
Refrain (may be sung after stanza 3 only): 
O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to you,
for you in your atonement
did give yourself for me.
I own no other master
my heart shall be your throne:
my life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for you alone. 
2 Living for Jesus, who died in my place,
bearing on Calvary my sin and disgrace:
such love constrains me to answer his call,
follow his leading, and give him my all.
[Refrain] 
3 Living for Jesus wherever I am,
doing each duty in his holy name,
seeking the lost ones he died to redeem,
bringing the weary to find rest in him.
[Refrain] 
Thomas O. Chisholm was born in Franklin, Kentucky in 1866. His boyhood was spent on a farm and in teaching district schools. He spent fiver years as editor of the local paper at Franklin. He was converted to Christianity at the age of 26 and soon after was business manager and office editor of the "Pentecostal Hearld" or Louisville, Ky. In 1903 he entered the ministry of the M. E. Church South. His aim in writing was to incorporate as much as Scripture as possible and to avoid flippant or sentimental themes. Dianne Shapiro, from "The Singers and Their Songs: sketches of living gospel hymn writers" by Charles Hutchinson Gabriel (Chicago: The Rodeheaver Company, 1916)  














p-chron p-files

No comments:

Post a Comment