Tuesday, August 8, 2017

- SIGNS AND WONDERS - Signs and wonders could be described as heightened spiritual expressions that confirm God's Word and reveal His purposes within creation. These amazing displays were central to the Jesus’ self-disclosure and identity. Jesus often invited people to encounter Him through a direct experience with the miraculous. Jesus demonstrates that it is not just what is heard - but also what is seen - that shapes the life of faith. Persuasion did not just come through speech, but also by proclamation and a demonstration of the Holy Spirit's power.

The power of the gospel is missing without this.
Signs and 
Wonders
Why It’s Imperative We Walk in Signs and Wonders in Our Day

J.D. King 

Throughout the pages of the New Testament, the word "sign" (semeion) refers to miracles functioning as evidence of divine authority.
The accompanying term, "wonders" (teras) denotes an unusual occurrence; causing one to marvel. 
Whereas a sign appeals to understanding, a wonder appeals to the imagination.
"Signs and wonders" (semeia kai terata) are synonymous with other words such as:
· Acts of power, miracles (dunamis)
· Miraculous works (ergon)
· Wonders (thaumata, thaumasia)
· Energy, power in exercise (energeia)
· Force, violent power (bis)
· Strength, especially physical (ischus)
· Might, manifested power (kratos)
Signs and wonders could be described as heightened spiritual expressions that confirm God's Word and reveal His purposes within creation.
In Scripture, these amazing displays are not distinguished from other aspects of Jesus' unfolding revelation. In fact, they were central to the Messiah's self-disclosure and identity.
Jesus often invited people to encounter Him through a direct experience with the miraculous. Consider the following from the Gospel of John:
"If I am not doing the works of My Father, do not believe Me. But if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works" (John 10:37-38a).
"Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me. Or else believe Me on account of the works themselves" (John 14:11).
Elsewhere, Jesus affirms the following to the disciples of John the Baptist.
"Go and tell John what you hear and see: The blind receive their sight and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them" (Matthew 11:4-5).
In each of these passages, individuals were brought into a place of revelation and understanding through a direct supernatural encounter.
Jesus demonstrates that it is not just what is heard - but also what is seen - that shapes the life of faith.
Despite the significance of signs and wonders in the Bible, many consider them unnecessary - products of sensationalism and charismatic excess. 
However, that is not how the early apostles understood things.
They recognized a symbiotic relationship between preaching and miracles.
For them, proclamation and demonstration were simply different sides of the same coin. 
An example of this line of thinking is found in the book of Hebrews:
"How shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation, which was first declared by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him? God also bore them witness with signs and wonders and diverse miracles and with gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to His own will" (Hebrews 2:3-4).
Signs and wonders were just as much a testimony to the gospel as the accompanying verbal proclamation.
The apostle Paul understood this truth. He declared the following:
"For I will not dare to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and as far around as Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.” (Romans 15:18-19).
To Paul, the "full proclamation of the gospel" necessitated signs and miracles.
Persuasion did not just come through speech, but also by what was on display.
People need a proclamation and a demonstration of Spirit's power.
Contrary to popular sentiment, miracles are not peripheral.
They are not distractions or foolish excursions. They are a tangible expression of Christ's work in the midst of creation.
I want to invite you to embrace a reality of glory and power.
God is positioning His family to dynamically confirm the gospel.
This outworking of grace is not just an overflow of words. It's rooted in incredible displays of power. 
Miracles are certainly part of the vast provision that God has made available for you.
Whether a miracle occurs instantaneously or by process of time, God does heal yesterday, today, and forever!
Talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer: 
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You. Please forgive me.
You know the situation I am in right now. I lay everything at Your feet, fully believing that You are in control. I accept Your free gift of salvation.
I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life.
Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now born again, and I am now a child of God.
I take Your promise that by Your stripes I am healed.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now to help me live a new life pleasing to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
I surrender my life to You.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
If you have just put your trust in Jesus Christ, you have been born into God’s family.
As a spiritual baby, you need to grow by feeding on God’s Word – the Bible (1 Peter 2:2).
You must have a good modern translation Bible and begin prayerfully reading it. Start in the New Testament, such as the Gospel of John or Paul’s letters to the Ephesians.
As you read, ask two questions: “What are You, Lord?” “What do You want me to do?”
Also, you need to join a Christian fellowship where the Bible is taught and where God is truly worshiped.
God bless you as you begin your new life with Him!
J.D. King is director of the World Revival Network and associate pastor of World Revival Church.
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!



No comments:

Post a Comment