Friday, May 12, 2017

- CHILDREN OF LIGHT - As children tend to take on the characteristics of their parents as they grow, so God's spiritual children should be growing in the grace of God and the knowledge of God. We should, therefore, live and speak as those born into the kingdom of God, and as faithful subjects of the King of kings.

Children of Light
Henry M. Morris
"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light." (Ephesians 5:8)
There are a number of beautiful metaphors used in the Bible describing those who have become true "children of God" by the new birth (1 John 3:10).
As children tend to take on the characteristics of their parents as they grow, so God's spiritual children should be growing in the grace of God and the knowledge of God (2 Peter 3:18).
Similarly, Christians are called "children of light, and the children of the day" (1 Thessalonians 5:5).
Therefore, as in our text above, we should "walk as children of light."
The Lord Jesus spoke of us as "children of the kingdom" in Matthew 13:38.
We should, therefore, live and speak as those born into the kingdom of God, and as faithful subjects of the King of kings.
Christ also called us "children of wisdom" (Matthew 11:19).
And this surely implies that we should, in our understanding and in our decisions, have "the mind of Christ" who "is made unto us wisdom" (1 Corinthians 2:16; 1:30).
In contrast, note the metaphors applied in the Bible to those who have not (at least not yet) become children of God by being "born again" through faith in the triune God.
We ourselves once "were by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Ephesians 2:3).
We - and they - were also called "children of disobedience" (Ephesians 2:2; also in Ephesians 5:6 and Colossians 3:6).
Unbelievers are also called
- "children of this world" (Luke 16:8), and even
- "children of the wicked one" (Matthew 13:38) and
- "children of the devil" (1 John 3:10).
Returning to the metaphor of our text, "if we walk in the light, as he is in the light" (1 John 1:7), then we can no longer "walk in darkness," for we have "the light of life" (John 8:12).
God will grant us the ultimate gift, eternal life in His Kingdom through His grace if we repent of our sins and obey His commands .
To experience God as a personal, caring, loving Father, you have to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. You will become a child of God and begin the fulfillment of the reason you were created by God.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now Your child, and I am born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Please use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.” 

RELATED POSTS:

CLICK HERE . . .

CLICK HERE . . .

CLICK HERE . . .

CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist

icr.org


No comments:

Post a Comment