Thursday, May 25, 2017

- WORDS THAT STAND FOREVER - No person can silence God. His Word will go forth. His Word stands forever! God’s Word is not merely a scroll, piece of paper, or message on a computer screen. The Bible is not just a book. It is packed with spiritual power. Jesus said that His words are spirit and life. It cannot be destroyed or erased.

Words That Stand 
Forever
by Inspiration Ministries
 "Jeremiah took another scroll and gave it to Baruch ... who wrote on it at the instruction of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire. And besides, there were added to them many similar words." (Jeremiah 36:32 NKJV)
Jeremiah carefully declared every word God had given him, even though King Jehoiakim did not want to hear this message.
Filled with a sense of his own power, the king decided to silence the prophet, and eliminate the message he declared.
He took the scroll that contained the message, cut it up into small pieces, and cast it into a fire until it was completely burned. Nothing was left.
By burning the scroll, he seemed to think he could eliminate God’s words as if they had never been written.
Jehoiakim and his friends did not seem worried at all about these actions.
They “were not afraid, nor did they tear their garments, the king nor any of his servants who heard all these words.”
But they were to discover that God’s Word cannot be destroyed! That His Word is settled in Heaven “forever” (Psalm 119:89).
Jeremiah simply dictated the words once again.
But, this time, even more words were added.
Jehoiakim had learned powerful lessons: That no person can silence God. That His Word will go forth. And that His Word stands forever!
This demonstrates important truths.
God’s Word is not merely a scroll, piece of paper, or message on a computer screen.
And the Bible is not just a book. It is packed with spiritual power.
Jesus said that His words were spirit and life (John 6:63).
It cannot be destroyed or erased.
These are reasons why you should immerse yourself in God’s Word. It helps you think His thoughts.
It opens the door to His power.
It provides perfect guidance and timely correction.
It is eternally true, and stands forever.
.
Prayer: “Father, I seek to fill my life with insights from Your Word. Teach me Your ways and help me live my life according to Your eternal truths. Thank You. In Jesus' name. Amen.”
.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”


Extended Reading: Jeremiah 36




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment