Tuesday, May 23, 2017

- THE PURPOSE OF LIFE - Jesus, because of His infinite love toward us, suffered death for our sins, yes for my sins and for your sins, He paid the penalty, so that we could receive His reward, the gift of eternal life. May our purpose be to live wholly and unreservedly for Christ as we reflect on what He has done for us.

The Purpose of Life
What is the real purpose of life?
What is the REAL purpose of life? Why are we here on this earth?
“For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” (James 4:14) 
Our life is short, so short in fact that the Bible says it is even as a vapour that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
Let’s ask ourselves, if the average lifespan of a human is 70 years, what is this compared to 50,000 years in heaven, or 10,000,000 years with Jesus.
But as we know, in heaven there are no time limits, it is for eternity.
“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; (2 Corinthians 4:17) 
Our life now, when compared with forever in heaven, is truly just a small time.
Consider for a moment ... Jesus, the all-powerful all-knowing One Who, at His voice, the heavens were made and all the host of them, He is the only source of life.
Contemplate this, that Jesus had everything. He could not have had more honor, He had all riches. All good things were His.
God created this earth in its perfection, the plants, the birds and fish, all the creeping beasts and humanity were created by Him.
But, we chose to follow deception rather than truth, to follow death rather than life.
Now according to the law of God, man must die, there seemed no alternative.
Disobedience to the law of God demanded the penalty - death.
But God had a plan, and in His great love He sent His Son Jesus, to our world.
Imagine the almost infinite humiliation that Jesus felt to put off His kingly robes and to experience the life of a human on this earth!
Jesus, because of His infinite love toward us, suffered death for our sins, yes for my sins and for your sins, He paid the penalty, so that we could receive His reward, the gift of eternal life.
“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7) 
How did man become living? The Lord God breathed into him the breathe of life and man became a living soul.
Does this mean that God gave our first parents the breath of life and then left us to our own devices?
Do we, today, just continue the life-cycle independently of God? The Bible says;
“The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” (Job 33:4) 
This is an amazing fact, that, as the Almighty God gave breath and life to Job (long after Adam had been given life) So He continues to do the same to this present day.
The physical organism of man is under the supervision of God, but it is not like a clock, which is set in operation, and must go of itself.
The heart beats, pulse succeeds pulse, breath succeeds breath, but the entire being is under the supervision of God.
"Ye are God's husbandry; ye are God's building."
In God we live, and move, and have our being. Each heartbeat, each breath, is the inspiration of Him who breathed into the nostrils of Adam the breath of life - the inspiration of the ever-present God, the great I AM. - E.G. White R.H.
God inspires each breath we breathe and if He were to neglect us only for a few seconds we would cease to live!
We are totally dependent on God for breath and life. Paul sums it up very accurately in Acts 17:28: For in him we live, and move, and have our being ...
So, if our lives are very short even as a vapor when compared with forever in heaven, if Jesus, the all-powerful all-knowing God and Creator, came from heaven and became human, to pay the penalty ... the death penalty for your sin and my sin, if we are, now at this moment being given breath and life from God, what should our purpose be in life?
Truly when we see the great love of God for us, and contemplate the great plan of redemption, our only words will be praise and glory to God, and from this we will truly love all our fellow man.
Think on the words of Paul, as he drew closer to Christ, he truly found that there was nothing in this world that is better than living for Christ.
“For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21) 
He realized that to have life, means to have Christ and to die with Christ is gain in comparison to living without Him.
May our purpose be to live wholly and unreservedly for Christ as we reflect on what He has done for us.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
RELATED POSTS:
.
Life in the Blood
.



CLICK HERE . . .
.
Image result for images life begins at conceptionWhen Does Life 

Begin?
CLICK HERE . . .

Life is in the blood

CLICK HERE . . .
..
ONLY ONE LIFE 

CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment