Saturday, July 1, 2017

- ABRAHAM AND ISAAC BOTH TOGETHER - This was a beautiful type of the mutual love-gift of the heavenly Father and His beloved Son, providing salvation for all who would receive it by faith. They went both together to the cross!

 Abraham And Isaac
Both Together

By Henry M. Morris, Ph.D.
Evidence for Creation


 “And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.” (Genesis 22:6)
The familiar story of Abraham’s willingness to offer up Isaac his son, in obedience to God’s command, is rightly cited as a prime example of Abraham’s great faith.
It is also a testimony to the remarkable faith of Isaac, for it is recorded twice in Genesis 22 that “they went both of them together” (see also verse 8).
This emphasis on the fellowship of both father and son in this tremendous act of obedient faith is surely given by divine inspiration for our edification.
Isaac was a grown young man at this time, not a little boy. Isaac soon understood what was happening, yet he willingly carried the wood himself and then submitted to being bound on the altar of sacrifice.
Abraham fully intended to slay his son (and Isaac to allow himself to be slain), for they understood this to be God’s Word.
Actually, however, God had commanded Abraham only to “offer him there for a burnt offering” (verse 2) and, when he did that, God stayed his hand, and provided a ram as a substitute for his son.
The New Testament, of course, makes it clear that this was a beautiful type of the mutual love-gift of the heavenly Father and His beloved Son, providing salvation for all who would receive it by faith (see Galatians 3:16Hebrews 11:17-19).
They went both together to the cross!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son” (John 3:16).
“The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).
The Father loved the Son before the world began (John 17:24).
They both loved us so much that they both went to the place of sacrifice, together, for us!
https://www.icr.org/article/9797/


RELATED POSTS: 
Friend Of God
3 Things to Notice in Abraham’s 
Sacrifice of Isaac 
CLICK HERE . . .
.
When Life Gets 
Tough, Simply Do This 
CLICK HERE . . .
.
Be Broken!
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit
CLICK HERE . . .
.
Be His Friend!
Not everyone is called "a friend of God." 
CLICK HERE . . .
. 
Sacrifice
Bob Fitts 
CLICK HERE . . .

lyrics
Oh this must be the hardest hill I've ever climbed
For I must sacrifice you promised son of mine
And so I go to worship with you by my side
And trust a sacrifice He will provide 

Chorus:
And though I cherish you, I must now offer you
To him who is the giver of all good things
And though I cherish you, I will not offer you
For surely He could raise you up again 
(second time) For surely He will raise you up again 

Here on this alter Father I lay all my dreams
And offer back to you this child you've given me
Oh son you must believe He's called us to obey
And by His love He'll make a better way 

O Abraham, O Abraham
Now that I know you fear my name
Withhold your hand
O Abraham, O faithful man
You're only son, He's not the one
Behold the ram, Behold the Lamb 
 
It must have been the hardest thing He's ever done
When God the Father sacrificed his only son
The one that He most cherished gave His life away
And by His love He made a better way 

Chorus 2
And so I cherish you, And so I honor you
For truly you're the giver of all good things
And so I cherish you, and so I honor you
Your sacrifice is now the king of kings 

Chorus 3:
Jehovah Jireh, he has provided
The sacrifice of love no man could ever pay
And what He requires of you and me
Even the hardest thing
Your blood, O Christ, your sacrifice gives me strength to obey


 










No comments:

Post a Comment