Thursday, June 22, 2017

- I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU - The Seekers - Judith Durham - There’s a new world somewhere They call the promised land, And I'll be there someday If you will hold my hand I'll still need you there beside me No matter what I do For I know I'll never find another you

I'll Never Find 
Another You
Written by TOM SPRINGFIELD.
The Seekers
Featuring Judith Durham
Album: Lemon Tree  

The Seekers together with Andre Rieu during the tour of New Zealand.


lyrics

There’s a new world somewhere
They call the promised land,
And I'll be there someday
If you will hold my hand

I'll still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know I'll never find another you


There is always someone
For each of us, they say
And you'll be my someone

Forever and a day
I could search the whole world over
Until my life is through
But I know I'll never find another you


It's a long, long journey
So stay by my side
When I walk through the storm

You'll be my guide
Be my guide


If they gave me a fortune
My pleasure would be small
I could lose it all tomorrow
And never mind at all
But if I should lose your love, dear
I don't know what I'd do
For I know I'll never find another you


But if I should lose your love, dear
I don't know what I'd do
For I know I'll never find another you

Another you
 

Another you

"I'll Never Find Another You" is a 1964 single by The Seekers which reached No. 1 in the UK in February 1965. It was The Seekers' first UK-released single, and was the second-best selling single of 1965 in the UK. The song was also popular in the US, reaching peaks of No. 4 pop and No. 2 easy listening on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
The track was written and produced by Tom Springfield, who was also responsible for most of the band's subsequent hits. The tune received a 1967 US revival as a country music No. 1 by Sonny James. In 2006, it received yet another revival with a folk rock cover from guitarist Les Fradkin on his CD Jangleholic.
In 2010, the song was performed at a benefit for the homeless youth organization Teen Feed by Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard and his wife, singer/actress Zooey Deschanel.
The song was added to the National Film and Sound Archive of Australia's Sounds of Australia registry in 2011.[


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment