Sunday, October 16, 2016

- GIVING THANKS - Think of things today that you can be thankful for and think about them as much as possible! Give thanks to God for all he has blessed you with. He is worthy of all of our praise!


What Does The Bible Say About Giving Thanks?

by DEREK HILL

Giving thanks is an attitude that shows maturity in our walk with the Lord. The Psalmist wrote: “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart.” (Psalm 9:1a)
We can choose to grumble or we can choose to give thanks for what we have, be it a little or a lot. As Paul said, “for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” (Philippians 4:11b)
Paul is an extremely reliable person on this topic. He was in prison much of his life and also ridiculed by many men of his day for his faith in God.
Paul said, “I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.” (Galatians 6:17b)
Being persecuted as he was, he always found time to give thanks. (Ephesians 1:16, Philippians 1:3, Colossians 1:3, etc.)
So, what does the Bible say about giving thanks? Let’s see what God says about it!

Being Thankful Is Constant

Colossians 3:17 says, “and whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” 
Whether we are working, driving, jogging, sharpening a pencil, breathing or showering, we are told to be thankful.
When you work: thank God for your job.
When you work: thank God for your job.
When you drive: thank God for your car.
When you jog: thank God for your athleticism.
The point is that there is always something to be thankful for.
While Paul was being tortured in prison he prayed for the churches
that he had started and visited. He cared about the people there.
.

Every single time he remembered them he thanked God for them.
  “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” (Philippians 1:3)
How much stronger would our churches be today if we all thanked God for our fellow brothers and sisters every time we remembered them? Can you imagine how fruitful the work of the church would be?

Giving Thanks Is Commanded

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
It is God’s will that we give thanks always. Therefore, we are in sin if we choose to grumble instead.

We Should Be Thankful When Praying

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
This is no easy feat sometimes. My son had a tragic accident involving 2nd degree burns all over his foot when he was younger.
In the midst of his cries of agony I often found myself at a loss for word and thankfulness was absent at times. I could have thanked God that my boy was alive.
I could have thanked God that he did not need surgery. There were many reasons to thank God in this time, however, when I focused on the craziness I lost focus on the importance of relying on God. As the old saying goes, “If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.”

God Is Worthy Of Our Thanks

Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!” (Psalm 106:1)
Our God is good all of the time. He deserves our thanks! What has he done in your life worthy of praise? You are alive. That is a great place to start! Take some time to think about all of the things you
can give God thanks for.
· Thank Him for the beautiful sunrise/sunset.
· Thank Him for beautiful country sides.
· Thank Him for your close friends and family.
· Thank Him for your gifts he has blessed you with.
· Thank Him for your job.

· Most importantly, thank Him for sending Jesus Christ to us to be crucified on the cross to take away the punishment for our sins! Thank Jesus today!

The Consequences Of Not Being Thankful

For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.” (Romans 1:21)
If you choose to not give thanks to God, you are in for much trouble. Your thinking will become futile. Your heart will become darkened.
Remember Pharaoh from Exodus? God hardened his heart and the results were devastating. Pharaoh lost his first born son. (Exodus 12:29) 
He lost much of his army in the Red Sea. (Exodus 14:26-30)
When you choose to puff yourself up and leave God behind, you will face calamity eventually.

Conclusion

Giving thanks is something that should be a part of every Christian’s life.
Think of things today that you can be thankful for and think about them as much as possible! Give thanks to God for all he has blessed you with. He is worthy of all of our praise!
God bless you as you live a life worthy of the calling!
Would you want to have a deeper relationship with God?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life by receiving His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Please use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

RELATED POSTS:

Give Thanks

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

HOW TO GROW ROSES IN YOUR DESERT 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Blessings Over the Sounding of the Shofar

 “Thank You Lord”                          

         Don Moen       

lyrics

Bible says it's a good thing to give thanks to the Lord, amen

I come before You today
And there's just one thing that I want to say
Thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

For all You've given to me

For all the blessings I can not see
Thank You Lord
Thank You Lord


With a grateful heart
With a song of praise
With an outstretched arm
I will bless Your name


Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

For all You've done in my life
You took my darkness and gave me Your light
Thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

You took my sin and my shame
You took my sickness and healed all my pain
Thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

With a grateful heart
With a song of praise
With an outstretched arm
I will bless Your name

Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord
Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

Oh, thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Oh, thank You Lord
I just want to thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

Oh we thank You, oh we thank You Lord
Lift Your voice, thank You Lord
All You've done in our live we just wanna say thank You Lord
Oh thank You Lord, thank You Lord

Yes we do, oh we wanna say thank You Lord
Yes thank You Lord
Thank You Lord, thank You Lord, thank You Lord
Thank You Lord, thank You Lord, thank You Lord

The grateful heart
With a grateful heart
With a song of praise
With an outstretched arm
I will bless Your name

Oh, thank You Lord, yes
I just wanna thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You, thank You, thank You

Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord
I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

Yes we thank You Lord, thank You Lord, thank You Lord
Yes we thank You, oh we thank You


whatchristianswanttoknow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment