Thursday, October 27, 2016

Tragic Deaths Of People Who Famously Mocked God - Fame, money and influence do not give us the license to think we are beyond God's reach.

Top 5 Tragic Deaths Of People Who Famously Mocked God
Written by Arief Irsyad
All religion in this world teaches its believers to abide by its holy laws. God also prohibits us from challenging its authority.
Fame, money and influence do not give you the license to think you are beyond God's reach.
Here are top 5 influential people who famously challenged God and ended up dead.
1. President of Brazil, Tancredo Neves
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
It was reported that he really did get the votes. But, a day before he is took office as President, he died because of surgery complication that he underwent a few days before the inauguration.
2. John Lennon (The Beatles)
Almost everyone knows who The Beatles are. In the 60’s the band became such a phenomenon. The ladies were head over heels in love with one of the band members, John Lennon.
Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966).
His remark had caused an outrage among their fans and triggered a protest rally where people expressed their anger by stepping and setting the vinyl record and The Beatles poster on fire.
In 1970, The Beatles disbanded.
On the 8 December 1980, John Lennon was shot six times by one of his fanatics in front of his house and died at the scene.
3. Marilyn Monroe (Hollywood Celebrity)
She had the perfect life anyone could dream of; remarkable wealth and great fame. Despite all that, Marilyn kept all of her sufferings to herself.
One day during filming, a preacher named Billy Graham visited her. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus".
During that time, Monroe who was allegedly having a romantic affair with the President of the United States, John F Kennedy.
A week later, she was found dead in her bedroom. Theories of her death started to spread. Some say she was assassinated because of political conspiracies and in the end, the most accepted theory up to this day is she committed suicide.
It shows that she was suffering from a severe depression. In fact it is actually the right time for her to seek God, asking for help, not to take the easy way out by taking her own life.
4. Thomas Andrews (Titanic Shipbuilder)
Thomas Andrews was inspired to build a ship that will be legendary during his time. The ship was the biggest and modern in the world.
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"
On 10 April 1912, Titanic set sail from America to Europe. An unprecedented tragedy occurred after four days sailing in the Atlantic Ocean. The ship hit a large iceberg and slowly sank to the the bottom of the ocean, killing 1517 passengers with only 706 survivors. Andrews died on the ship.
5. Bon Scott (AC/DC Former Vocalist)
He was an Australian rock singer born in 9 July 1956. Scott in his golden days with AC/DC since 1974 had replaced Dave Evans as the vocalist of the band.
In 1979, AC/DC came up with a new album and one of the song sung by Scott is:
“I’m on the highway to hell.”
A year later, Scott was found dead on 19 February 1980 because he choked on his own vomit due to alcohol poisoning. Five months after his demise, AC/DC published an album titled ‘Back in Black’ in honour of the passing of their vocalist.
And so goes the stories of these tragic deaths of people who famously mocked God. Humans can only come up with theories but God alone knows the true reasons of their death.
Perhaps it is just a coincidence that they died after making a remark that seemingly insulted The Almighty.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
RELATED POSTS:
The last words of Steve Jobs will haunt you, they’ll haunt you because he only realized them on his death bed 
Franklin Graham Has Fire-and-Brimstone Words for Atheists 

 THIS WAS YOUR LIFE!  



“Take My Life, and Let It Be”            
lyrics
1  Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.
2  Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.
3  Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.
4  Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.
5  Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.
6  Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee. 

http://www.malaysiandigest.com/features/555615-top-5-tragic-deaths-of-people-who-famously-mocked-god.html

No comments:

Post a Comment