Friday, October 28, 2016

- KARMA - Is there such a thing as Karma in the Bible? Karma connotes that for everything you do, there is a direct, balanced consequence which will take place some time in your life or in your lives to come.

Does Karma exist in Christianity

We are all quite knowledgeable of the word ‘Karma’ aren’t we?
It originates from a Hindu belief.  It’s philosophy connotes that for everything you do, there is a direct, balanced consequence which will take place some time in your life or in your lives to come. What does the Bible say about it?
Does Karma exist in Christianity?
Is there such a thing as Karma in the Bible?
God is an angry God.  He judges us for what our hearts contain. But He is also a loving God and He forgives us of our sins through the death of His son Jesus Christ on the cross. So where am I getting at?
When you forgive someone it means you know that the person has offended you and yet you do not count your will or desire to get even with him or her.
God said that when He forgives us, He forgets our iniquities, which means that He does not count it against us anymore.
When something bad happens to us, we sometimes tend to think that God is punishing us for something wrong we’ve done before.
It’s normal right? We were brought up with the concept of Karma in
our minds that we think it is God’s punishment whenever something bad happens in our lives.
What’s the truth behind it? Is this ‘punishment’ or ‘is Karma’ real? Is it in line with the Bible?
1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
So what does this verse mean?
It means that God WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT our sin against us – He has put it all away.
Meaning, if something bad happens in your life it is not because of something wrong that you have done in the past.
It has nothing to do with it because God has forgiven you when you asked Him and confessed your sins to Him.
‘Karma’ and ‘punishment’ is not what we think it is – it is God’s discipline to us not because of anything that we have done wrong but because He loves us too much to let us stay just the way we are.
Troubles, problems and trials in life happen because that is when we depend on God the most. It is God’s way of disciplining us to mold us to become more like Christ.
C.S. Lewis once said that “pain is God’s megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
Trials in our lives are God’s discipling to refine our character.

Do not think of problems as punishment or as a result of ‘Karma.’
Every trial and burden and pain happen for a reason –  because God allowed it. His purpose is to mold us to become more like Christ.
Would you want to have a deeper relationship with God?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life by receiving His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.

I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.

I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again.

Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.

Please use me for Your glory.

In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

RELATED POSTS:
Would I receive rewards in the next life by doing good works now? What does the Bible say about karma?" 



Does The Bible Talk About Karma?

How reliable are fortune tellers? 

     “At The Cross”   
              Reuben Morgan, Darlene Joyce Zschech

lyrics
Oh Lord You've searched me
You know my way
You fail with my failure
I know You love me
Your holy presence
Surrounded me
In every season
I know You love me
I know You love me
At the cross I bow my knees
Where Your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this
You have overcome the grave
Glory fills the highest praise
What can separate me now
You go before me
You shield my way
Your hand upholds me
And I know You love me
At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this
You have overcome the grave
Your glory fills the highest praise
What can separate me now
At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this, no
You have overcome the grave
Glory fills the highest praise
What can separate me now
You taught a way, You made a way
When You said that it is done
You taught a way, You made a way
When You said that it is done
And when the earth fails
Falls from my eyes
And You stand before me
I know You love me
Oh, I know You love me
At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this, no
You have overcome the grave
Glory fills the highest praise
What can separate me now
At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this, no
You have overcome the grave
Glory fills the highest praise
What can separate me now
You taught a way, You made a way
When You said that it is done
You taught a way, You made a way
When You said that it is done
You taught a way, You made a way
When You said that it is done
You taught a way, You made a way
When You said that it is done

h3sean.com

No comments:

Post a Comment