Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Be Broken! The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit - one that is crushed to pieces


Be Broken! The sacrifices of God 
are a broken spirit

       
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 
The word contrite in Hebrew is 'dakah' which means one that is crushed to pieces. 
Paul wrote of being a 'living sacrifice' holy and acceptable to God.

Romans 12  I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.  English Standard Version (ESV)

Being a living sacrifice means we often can walk off the altar. To be a continual living sacrifice we need to renew our minds day to day! 
Let your mind be renewed - off the things which are worldly and onto those things which are Godly.
When our minds are focused on those things above, on His holiness, His righteousness, His grace, and His mercy - we realize that we can always be closer to Him!
We understand what Isaiah meant when he said, "our righteousness is nothing but filthy rags before the Lord." (Isaiah 64:6)
When God provided for Himself the perfect sacrifice, His Son, 2000 years ago - His heart bursted! His heart was cut through - cut for you!
God desires you to be a living sacrifice and a necessary ingredient is a heart that has been cut through by God's sharp knife.
When you allow your heart to be continually cut through by God's Spirit, then your life will be a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable before Him!
It's wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, especially when we give Him all the pieces!
Would you want God to change your life?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life through a relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from you.

I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to you.

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.

I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank you that according to your Word, I am now born again.

Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.”



  “Sacrifice”         Bob Fitts




lyrics
Oh this must be the hardest hill I've ever climbed
For I must sacrifice you promised son of mine
And so I go to worship with you by my side
And trust a sacrifice He will provide

Chorus:
And though I cherish you, I must now offer you
To him who is the giver of all good things
And though I cherish you, I will not offer you
For surely He could raise you up again
(second time) For surely He will raise you up again

Here on this alter Father I lay all my dreams
And offer back to you this child you've given me
Oh son you must believe He's called us to obey
And by His love He'll make a better way

O Abraham, O Abraham
Now that I know you fear my name
Withhold your hand
O Abraham, O faithful man
You're only son, He's not the one
Behold the ram, Behold the Lamb

It must have been the hardest thing He's ever done
When God the Father sacrificed his only son
The one that He most cherished gave His life away
And by His love He made a better way

Chorus 2
And so I cherish you, And so I honor you
For truly you're the giver of all good things
And so I cherish you, and so I honor you
Your sacrifice is now the king of kings

Chorus 3:
Jehovah Jireh, he has provided
The sacrifice of love no man could ever pay
And what He requires of you and me
Even the hardest thing
Your blood, O Christ, your sacrifice gives me strength to obey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment