Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hope for Your Darkest Days - Though your way through life may be dark and the road fraught with dangers, don’t you turn back

          A Word of Hope for Your Darkest Days
Bayless Conley



One of the greatest memories from my youth is going backpacking with my dad. We had some fantastic hikes. Though some were pretty grueling! It seemed sometimes that we were going up endless switchbacks on granite mountains. I often thought the trail would never end! 

.
One of the things I always kept in mind… even 
when the hike was very, very difficult and long… was the pristine lake that we would be camping next to when we reached our destination.
I would think about the hungry trout that would rise to grab my lure when I stood next to that lake fly-fishing. I would think about the beauty and the solitude. 
.
would think about sitting around the campfire at night. With those thoughts I endeavored to enjoy the journey—even though it was difficult going up the side of a mountain. 
On some of those trips, people with us would jump ship, turn around, and go home. They’d say, “You guys are crazy! This is too much! I’m going home.” The switchbacks were too numerous for them. The trail was too hard. And all I could think was, “Oh, what you missed!” 
.
I want to tell you today, Christian pilgrim, that though your way through life may be dark and the road fraught with dangers, don’t you turn back. There is something better than a pristine lake waiting for you.
 
Heaven is waiting for you. 
.
Reward is waiting for you. God Himself is waiting for you in a measure and way that you could never even imagine! That’s why it’s so important to endeavor to keep an eternal perspective when your days are dark. 
We read in 1 Peter 1, 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice (vv. 3-6a).
Christian, not all of your salvation has been experienced. There is still a major part yet to be revealed. 
You’re going to get a new body like His glorious body. You are going to be able to go to heaven where you have an inheritance that’s incorruptible, undefiled, and has been reserved for you. 
.
And one day God is going to make a new heaven and a new earth where He’s going to dwell with you and me forever!
 
.
Yes, the greater part of our inheritance is yet to be experienced! That’s why Peter says, In these things we greatly rejoice,” because of the future that we have. But look at the rest of 1 Peter 1:6 and 7…
 
.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ…
Even in the midst of the most difficult circumstances, we can rejoice because heaven and all the good things that God has waiting for us are still on the horizon. 
.
So no matter what you are going through, keep an eternal perspective. Doing so will give you the hope your soul needs on your darkest days.
 

.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.” 


RELATED POSTS:
.
God Wants You To Be an Overcomer, not a Casualty 

THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEMS 







A Brush With DEATH In The Mountains 
A mountaineer’s true account of survival




    “Through It All”               
       Hillsong

lyrics
You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness
.
And I look to You
And I wait on You
.
I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all
.
You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness
.
And I look to You
And I wait on You
.
I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
.
I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all
.
Everlasting Father, I love You
Ever living Savior, I love You
.
Everlasting Father, I love You
Ever living Savior, I love You
.
I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all

No comments:

Post a Comment