Wednesday, May 18, 2016

CONTENTMENT - By God's grace, Paul endured the hardships as a good soldier of Christ. So can you live with hope beyond your circumstances.


Despite Your Circumstances

by Charles R. Swindoll

Few people in the first century had a deeper understanding of God’s grace than the apostle Paul.
Redeemed from a life of vicious brutality as a rigid legalistic Pharisee, the man turned the corner, repented, and through Christ’s empowering became a gentle soul, gracious and affirming.
Understanding. Forgiving. Approachable.
He reached the place where he was willing not only to offer hope to the Gentiles, but to live among them, though he himself would bleed pure Jewish blood.
No one that I know endured the level of hardship Paul did as a good soldier of Christ.
What makes him all-the-more amazing is this: never once does he leave a hint of complaint over being chained to a burly Roman soldier or about the inconvenience of being confined to such cramped quarters. The man simply would not grumble. 
By God’s grace, he lived above it all. I repeat, he had learned the secret of contentment.
The great temptation is to allow that to embitter you—to turn you into someone who lives under a dark cloud, where doom and gloom characterize your outlook. 
Life’s hard. You live in a situation that resembles a house arrest.
You feel chained to your past, unable to escape the restrictive circumstances. Maybe you have lived this way so long that negative thinking has become a habit. You can’t imagine thinking any other way.
I’ve got wonderful news: there is hope beyond your circumstances. You can live above them.
If a man named Paul could live above his unbelievably trying circumstances, so can you. 

But Christ must become your central focus. He, alone, can empower you and teach you to live above the duress of adversity. 
Your external circumstances may not change, but deep within,you will. 

As Christ is allowed first place in your thoughts, changes will occur. 
Those changes will be evident to your mate, your children, your friends, and your coworkers. Instead of seeing yourself as a victim, you will begin to realize a strength that is not your own.
The result?

You will make a difference because of the way you respond to the circumstances that once defeated you.

Focus on Christ, despite your       circumstances.       .
And settle that sin issue.
.
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit that is in me now. I surrender my life to You.
Use me for Your glory.

In Jesus Name. Amen.”



RELATED POSTS:
.

Choose the better part 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Waiting on God in Holy Expectancy
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.

What Does It Mean to ‘Flow in the Spirit?’ 
.
“My Life Is Yours to Control”
lyrics
With my whole heart I humbly seek You;
Now use my life, O Lord, I pray.
I yield my stubborn will completely;
May Your commandments light my way.
Chorus
My life, Lord, is Yours to control;
I give You my heart and my soul.
I'll seek Your will, never mine,
Rich treasure to find.
Give wisdom to choices I make
Along ev'ry path that I take,
So when I complete life's race
"Well done," You will say.
Your Word has promised me the vict'ry,
And all I need to do is claim
Your strength to soar with wings as eagles,
To walk, to run, and not to faint.
Chorus
My life, Lord, is Yours to control;
I give You my heart and my soul.
I'll seek Your will, never mine,
Rich treasure to find.
Give wisdom to choices I make
Along ev'ry path that I take,
So when I complete life's race
"Well done," You will say.


insight.org





No comments:

Post a Comment