Wednesday, June 29, 2016

- CALLING - If you almost gave up, God does not see that. He sees your willing heart and that’s all He needs. Be confident that as long as you are willing, God will work out the rest.


BE HAPPY ON 
THE ROAD TO WHERE YOU’RE HEADED
When Jesus met the disciples they were really a bunch to talk about.
Basically they were a bunch of cussing, tax collecting, smelly men who probably did not dress or groom themselves well.
Aren’t you glad God sees hearts!!
There was always something about them that stunned me. They were called by Jesus to follow Him, and they
left what they were doing and followed Him. 
The fishermen, the tax collector, the brother who called out to His other sibling that they had met Jesus – they all forsook what they were doing and followed the Lord.
Now I’m sure they would have heard about Him and a few of them were waiting on Him, but to leave at a moment’s notice and simply follow someone else tells me something about these men. 
Jesus took them from simple men and in two and half years their lives were so changed that they would never be the same.
Jesus took the ordinary and saw in them extraordinary qualities that they used to revolutionize the entire world (at that time).
They did it without phones, cars, aircrafts and no technology. They performed some of the greatest
miracles.
People knew the power of God was so
strong upon Peter that they would lay the sick along the road he passed on so that his shadow would fall upon them (and they were healed). 

These men together with a few others (like Paul) turned the world upside down.
We may not have the experiences the disciples/apostles had, but we are all called of God, we each have a purpose to fulfill:
Isaiah 14:27 “For the Lord of hosts has purposed,
    and who will annul it?
His hand is stretched out,
    and who will turn it back?”
 English Standard Version
(ESV)
Ephesians 1:11 “In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,” English Standard Version (ESV) 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” English Standard Version (ESV)
The question is will you look at yourself and say that you are not good enough?
Or will you look to God who can take nothing and make something out of it (Genesis 1).
As a matter of fact can take anything and can make anything new (2 Corinthians 5:17)?
If the disciples had looked at themselves and said they were not good enough (Peter denied the Lord three times and he was with Jesus) then where would we have been today?
I’m sure they all had their moments, especially when Jesus was crucified right in front of their eyes. It would have been easy for them to give up and walk away and say they weren’t good enough anyway, but they did not.
They walked through every moment of their lives and with God on their side decided that their current positions were not going to stop them from being what Jesus wanted them to be.
With God, almost does not count.
So if you almost gave up – He does not see that. He sees your willing heart and 
that’s all God needs.
Be confident that as long as you are willing, God will work out the rest.
So be happy on your road to becoming all God wants you to be.
It will never happen overnight – perfection takes time.
You will find that with every experience you learn more about yourself and God and in turn that same experience can be a blessing to someone else’s journey.
May God’s grace and unmerited favor flood your heart. And may His Word strengthen and sustain you. 
God never calls us to do something for Him that He does not empower us to do if we are willing to do the work and time. Please, take the time to get to know God in an intimate way.
As your relationship with Him grows, you move up in rank and are assigned harder missions. Your purpose on earth is to shine God’s love to a lost, dying world.
Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is waiting for you!
Open your ears and your heart to the Lord and be excited about your new future serving Him in truth and spirit.
Can God change your life?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life.
Serve Him. 
Wait on Him.
And expect … for He is able to do much much more than you can ask or imagine.
Settle that sin issue ...
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.

I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.

I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now born again.

Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word - the Bible.

Use me for Your glory.

In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.”

    “I Will Serve You (Thee)” Maranatha!       
lyrics
I will serve You (I will serve You)
Because I love You (Because I love You)
You have given life to me
I was nothing (I was nothing)
Until You found me (Until You found me)
You have given life to me
Heartaches (Heartaches)
Broken people (pieces)
Ruined lives are why
You died on Calvary
Your touch (Your touch)
Is what I long for (Is what I long for)
You have given life to me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment