Wednesday, June 29, 2016

GOD'S GLORY - Moses had seen more of the glory of God, more of His manifested Presence, than we could expect to see in our lifetime! And yet somehow, he knew there was more of God than he had yet seen or experienced.

The Glory of God: Do We Know What We Are Asking For?

Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” (Exodus 33:18)

Have you ever wondered what Moses was expecting, or what he wanted, when he asked God to reveal His glory?
Consider what Moses had already seen and experienced up until this time:
· Moses had encountered the Presence of God in a
burning bush
· He had seen God’s power; all the miracles God performed in Egypt and since
· He had lived daily with the Presence of God manifested as a pillar of cloud by day and fire by night
· Moses had personal, face-to-face conversation in which he saw the form of God (Numbers 12:8)
· He had seen the God’s Presence descend as fire upon Mount Sinai, the whole mountain shaken violently – and Moses climbed to commune with God. (Exodus 19)
Already it seems that Moses had seen more of the glory of God, more of His manifested Presence, than we could expect to see in our lifetime!
And yet somehow, he knew there was more of God than he had yet seen or experienced.
God responded to Moses request with the words,
And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” (Ex 33:19)
‘I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you.’
The Hebrew word for goodness, tuwb, also carries the meanings ‘fairness, beauty, joy, prosperity, gladness.' No wonder the Psalmist (David) cried, ‘In Your Presence is fullness of joy!’ (Psalm 16:11)
Hungry for God’s Presence and Glory
Many of us today are hungry to experience God’s manifested Presence and His glory.
And from this conversation between Moses and God, we discover that God’s glory is more than the physical manifestation of His Presence. It’s more than fire, more than clouds, and it is more than physical weightiness. It is more than something that can be seen, felt or touched.
· It is God revealing His goodness, His Personhood, His Name, His nature. His mercy. His compassion.
The glory of God is not just how He manifests, but it is the essence of Who He is.
And that revelation, to know Him more, to be apprehended by His goodness, should be the desire of
our hearts, too.
The revelation of the goodness of God happened to Moses at one of the lowest points of his leadership, in the middle of a crisis.
A revelation of the goodness of God will set us free from fear and anxiety, and release us from shame. It will bring healing to our hearts. It will
embolden us to obey God, result in miracles, and enable us to confidently step into the future His has prepared—taking many people with us.
The hunger you are experiencing for His Presence and glory is a gift from God. The desire of your heart is a sign that He has more of His Spirit and a greater revelation of Who He is available to you right now.
“Lord, show me Your glory.”
Would you want to have a deeper relationship
with God?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life by receiving His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.

I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.

I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again.

Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word - the Bible.

Please use me for Your glory.

In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.” 

RELATED POSTS:
.
.
What is Anointing Of The Holy Spirit?
.
.
.
.




CLICK HERE . . . 
http://puricarefiles.blogspot.com/2016/05/holy-spirit-anointing-oil-is-also.html
.
.
The Holy Spirit’s 
‘Still Small Voice’  
.
.
.
.



CLICK HERE . . . 
     “COME HOLY SPIRIT I NEED YOU” 
       Heritage Singers
lyrics

Come, Holy Spirit, I need you
Come, sweet Spirit, I pray
Come in your strength and your power
Come in your own gentle way

Come as a rest to the weary
Come as a balm to the sore
Come, Lord, as strength to my weakness
Fill me with joy evermore

Come, Holy Spirit, I need you
Come, sweet Spirit, I pray
Come in your strength and your power
Come in your own gentle way

Come like a spring in the desert
Come to the withered of soul
Lord, let your sweet healing power
Touch me and make me whole

Come, Holy Spirit, I need you
Come, sweet Spirit, I pray
Come in your strength and your power
Come in your own gentle way

Come in your own gentle way 
 
       “Show Me Now Your Glory”
lyrics
Show me now Your glory.
Let me know Your ways.
Let Your very presence
Shine through all my days.
Listen to my heart’s cry
Listen to my prayer
Show me now Your glory.
Oh God of my praise.

http://www.enlivenpublishing.com/blog/2014/01/28/the-glory-of-god-do-we-know-what-we-are-asking-for/

No comments:

Post a Comment