Sunday, June 26, 2016

PRAYER GARDENS - When it comes to prayer gardens there are no right or wrong design elements. If you like to pray at sunrise, you can arrange your garden in a place graced by morning light.

The Power of a Prayer Garden
.
Draw closer to God by creating a sacred place of your own.

Sabra Ciancanelli
This time of year I always rediscover the inner peace gardening brings.  
With my knees on the ground and hands in the soil, I sometimes find myself deep in prayer without even realizing it.
An unmistakable connection forms with the Divine when I tend to preciously small seeds that grow into thriving plants. Seeing the first tiny green sprouts rise from the soil is like witnessing a crop of answered prayer. 
I celebrate the perennials that come again. Isn't it wonderful how each year seems to make them stronger and thicker?  I bemoan the casualties that don't make it.  
All the while, I'm sorting out my thoughts, weeding my worries, watering my hopes and rejoicing in the blessings that bloom.
It’s no wonder many religions and cultures marry gardening and prayer by creating beautiful prayer gardens. 
Here are a few ideas to create a prayerful place of your own to connect with God.
1. Plan a little. Sketch your idea out on paper. Select a spot that fits with your prayer life. If you like to pray at sunrise, you can arrange your garden in a place graced by morning light. Or, perhaps you already have an established flower garden. With a few simple additions, your garden can easily be transformed into a prayerful oasis.
2. Select your flowers. It’s fun to include plants that have symbolic meaning. The star of Bethlehem is a good choice to inspire you to think of Jesus’ birth. Of course, make sure that you select plants suited for the conditions of your garden.
3. Add inspiring features. select ones that inspire you to connect with God.
4. Make it yours. A quick and easy DIY craft is to create Scripture rocks. Write your favorite verses in permanent marker on flat rocks and dot your garden
with God’s Word.
5. No excuses. If you don’t have the yard space or
time to tend to a prayer garden, don’t let that hold you back! You can create an indoor container prayer garden right on your window sill.
When it comes to prayer gardens there are no right or wrong design elements. 
Your garden should be uniquely yours—filled with plants and decorations that sing to your heart and spirit—a personal sanctuary to help you plant your dreams and give them roots, a quiet place to help you find inner peace as you connect with God.
Would you want to have a deeper relationship with God?
.

God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life by receiving His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
.
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. 
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Please use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

.
RELATED POSTS:
.
.Choose the better part

Do you know Jesus or you know about Jesus — would this matter in eternity?
‘Still Small Voice’ 
.
.
.
.
.   
...

  “In The Garden” 
          Charles Austin Miles 
        
CLICK HERE . . . for the complete playlist . . . 
lyrics
1 I come to the garden alone,
   While the dew is still on the roses;
   And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,

   The Son of God discloses.
Refrain:
   And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
   And He tells me I am His own,
   And the joy we share as we tarry there,
   None other has ever known.
2 He speaks, and the sound of His voice
   Is so sweet the birds hush their singing;
   And the melody that He gave to me
   Within my heart is ringing. [Refrain]
3 I'd stay in the garden with Him
   Tho' the night around me be falling;
   But He bids me go; thro' the voice of woe,
   His voice to me is calling. [Refrain]

https://www.guideposts.org/faith-in-daily-life/the-power-of-a-prayer-garden 

No comments:

Post a Comment