Monday, June 27, 2016

PRAISE GOD - The Bible commands all living creatures to praise the Lord. After the curse of sin is removed, those who are with the Lord will forever praise the King of kings in perfect unison.


Praise God - what it means to praise God

We always hear Christians of all denominations speak of “praising God.”
The Bible commands all living creatures to praise the Lord (Psalm 150:6).
In the Old Testament, one Hebrew word for “praise” is yadah,” which means to “praise, give thanks, or confess.”
Another word often translated “praise” in the Old Testament is zamar,” which means to “sing praise.”
A third word translated “praise” is halal” which means “to praise, honor, or commend.” This is the root word of hallelujah.”
All three Hebrew words contain the idea of giving thanks and honor to one who is worthy of praise.
.
The book of Psalms is a collection of songs filled with praises to God. Among them is Psalm 9 where in verse 2 it says, “I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.”
Psalm 18:3 says God is “worthy of praise.” 
In Psalm 21:13 we find praises both for who God is and for His great power: “Be exalted in your strength,
LORD; we will sing and praise your might.”
.
Psalm 150 uses the term “praise” thirteen times in six verses.

- The first verse defines the “where” of praise – “everywhere” - “Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.”
- The next verse teaches “why” to praise the Lord - “Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.”
- Verses 3–6 describes “how” to praise the Lord - with a variety of instruments, dance, and everything that has breath.
Every means we have to make sound is to be used to praise the Lord!
In the New Testament, there are examples of praise given to Jesus. 
Matthew 21:16 refers to those who praised Jesus as He rode a donkey into Jerusalem. 
In Matthew 8:2 a centurion bowed in worship before Jesus.
In Luke 24:52 the disciples of Jesus worshiped Him after He resurrected from the dead. Jesus, as God, accepted their praise.
.
The first church in Jerusalem focused on worship in Acts 2:42-43. The early Christians often shared in times of praise.
The church leaders at Antioch prayed, worshiped, and fasted during the time Paul and Barnabas were called into missionary work. Acts 13:1-5.
Paul’s epistles include sections of praises to the Lord:

The Mystery of Godliness

“14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that, 15 if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth. 16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:
He was manifested in the flesh,
    vindicated by the Spirit,
        seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
    believed on in the world,
        taken up in glory.”
 
(1 Timothy 3:14-16) English Standard Version (ESV)

Thanksgiving and Prayer

 3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 7 It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. 8 For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. 9 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” (Philippians 1:3-11) English Standard Version (ESV)
After the curse of sin is removed, those who are with the Lord will forever praise the King of kings in perfect unison.
.
All of God’s people will praise Him for all eternity.
“No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and   of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him” (Revelation 22:3).
Our present worship on earth is simply a preparation for the eternal celebration of praise to God.
God will grant us the ultimate gift, eternal life in His Kingdom through His grace if we repent of our sins and obey His commands .
To experience God as a personal, caring, loving Father, you have to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. You will become a child of God and begin the fulfillment of the reason you were created by God.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now Your child, and I am born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Please use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.”

RELATED:
       “Praise the Lord”    

          Maranatha

lyrics
PRAISE THE LORD
PRAISE THE LORD
PRAISE TO JESUS CHRIST
FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW
(Repeat)
LET'S OPEN UP OUR HEARTS
LET THE LIVING WATERS GIVE OUR LIVES A START
(Repeat)
PRAISE HIS NAME
PRAISE HIS NAME
PRAISE HIS NAME
AND YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
(Repeat)
LET'S OPEN UP OUR HEARTS
LET THE LIVING WATERS GIVE OUR LIVES A START
(Repeat four times)
PRAISE THE LORD (PRAISE THE LORD)
PRAISE THE LORD (PRAISE THE LORD)
PRAISE TO JESUS CHRIST
FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment