Monday, November 14, 2016

- BLOODGUILT - The condition of being culpable for bloodshed or murder. Israel is being forgiven, and God is avenging them. God promises that He will avenge the deaths of His people, thereby declaring Israel innocent


What is bloodguilt?
.
Readers often wonder what the Bible means when it speaks of “bloodguilt.”
Bloodguilt” is the condition of being culpable for bloodshed or murder.
 “Their bloodguilt, which I have not pardoned, I will pardon. The Lord dwells in Zion!” Joel 3:21 (NIV)
Joel 3:21 is translated in a couple different ways, as the following examples show:
“I will avenge their blood, blood I have not avenged” (ESV)
“For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed” (KJV)
“For I will acquit them of the guilt of bloodshed, whom I had not acquitted” (NKJV)
Is Israel being acquitted or avenged?
Some translations say that God is forgiving someone of “bloodguilt.”

Other translations say that God is not forgiving someone and punishing him accordingly.
The Amplified Bible may shed some light on the issue: “And I will cleanse and hold as innocent their blood and avenge it, blood which I have not cleansed, held innocent, and avenged.”
Both are true: Israel is being forgiven, and God is avenging them.
The idea is this: Israel’s enemies had committed violence against the Jews as if Israel had been worthy of death.
God promises that He will avenge the deaths of His people, thereby declaring Israel innocent (forgiven).
When God dwells in Zion, He will provide complete and final justice.
The NKJV translates bloodguilt as “guilty of bloodshed.”
Murder is a horrendous crime in the eyes of both man and God; to be “bloodguilty,” then, would be to deserve a severe punishment.
Yet this is the very sin that God says He will forgive and avenge. His protection of His people is sure, and His grace is boundless.
Joel 3:21 refers to a future time when the Messiah will rule after judging the nations.
From a New Testament perspective, this parallels Jesus Christ’s 1,000-year millennial kingdom following His Second Coming.
This promise of God’s avenging His people reflects the teachings of other Jewish prophets. 
Isaiah 35:4 says, “Your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you” (see also Deuteronomy 32:43; Psalm 79:10; and Isaiah 63:4).

God will avenge the enemies of His people and dwell with them forever.

This fitting conclusion to Joel’s book emphasizes God’s justice and the promised blessing of dwelling with God for eternity.
Would you want to have a deeper relationship with God?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life by receiving His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. 
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Please use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

RELATED POSTS:

The Power in the Blood of Jesus Christ 
.
.
.
.
.

.
Is Vampirism Real?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.


High Blood Pressure And Cholesterol
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.“Your Grace Still Amazes Me”
     
     Phillips, Craig & Dean 



lyrics
My faithful Father, enduring friend
Your tender mercy is like a river with no end
It overwhelms me covers my sin
Each time I come into your presence I stand in wonder once again
[Chorus:]
Your grace still amazes me
Your love still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
your grace still amazes me
Your grace still amazes me
Oh patient savior, you make me whole
You are the author and the healer of my soul
What can I give you lord what can I say
I know there's no way to repay you only to offer you my praise
[Chorus:]
Your grace still amazes me
Your love still a mystery

Each day I fall on my knees
Your grace still amazes me
Your grace still amazes me
It's deeper, it's wider, it's stronger, it's higher
It's deeper, it's wider, it's stronger, it's higher
Than anything my eyes can see
Your grace still amazes me
Your love still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
Cause your grace still amazes me

Your grace still amazes me

gotquestions.org



 


No comments:

Post a Comment