Tuesday, November 22, 2016

- LIKE AN EAGLE - Birds use a lot of energy to fly! But eagles "soar." They allow nature to give them the right condition to fly. When warm thermal air is present, eagles will start to soar. They glide above the warm air, higher and higher, as they allow the warm air to lift them higher!

Soar Like An Eagle!
I would like to share how to be led by the Spirit, to take a lesson from the “The Way Of An Eagle”.
How to be strong and to walk in power, in the strength and might of the Lord.
When I was a young believer, I used to get tired very easily, even though I exercised a lot!
Isaiah 40 reveals one very important spiritual truth. It tells us that even the youth will often be tired and weak. But we can learn one spiritual law to “soar” like an eagle. 
If we grasp hold of this truth that we can be strong and not faint. We need to know how, that it is the Lord that gives us power to be strong so that we can serve Him without sweat!
“He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:” (Isaiah 40:29)
Now let’s read verse 31 and learn how to soar like an eagle:-
“31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint”.
We need to “wait”.  But do you know how Eagles wait before they soar? 
One eagle truth is that they do not fly - they soar.
Birds use a lot of energy to fly!  But Eagles soar. They learn to allow nature to give them the right condition to fly.  Here’s one study on how they soar:
Eagles find thermal columns to soar on
Eagles reduce the energy necessary for flight by bringing their relatively large wings (per body weight) over thermal columns of rising air.
Thermal is warm air that will rise. When thermal air is present, eagles will start to fly, and they will glide above the warm air, higher and higher, as they allow the air to lift them higher!
In Ephesians 1, Paul taught that we are seated in the heavenly places, even though our physical body is here on earth! This is
again a spiritual truth, that if we walk after the Spirit, the ZOE life in us includes strength.
“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” (Romans 8:11)
Yes to soar is to walk and be led by the Holy Spirit 24/7.  “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)  
So we should remember this important spiritual truth:
·         Do not sweat
·         Wait upon the Lord.
·         Wait for the thermal air to rise before you fly.
·         Then you use no strength at all.
When we are led by the Holy Spirit we gather strength. Joshua was taught this when he was instructed to be very strong and courageous. 
And we are told He meditated on the word day and night”.
You too can soar like an eagle.
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life by receiving His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.

I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.

I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again.

Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.

Please use me for Your glory.

In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

RELATED POSTS:





.
How to Pray When Life Falls Apart








God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability
     Still / Hide Me Now     
            Hillsong

lyrics
Highlight 
Hide me now

Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God [x2]
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You
above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God [x2]
jesusthelivingbread.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment