Thursday, November 10, 2016

GOD'S PRESENCE - The most powerful weapon of spiritual warfare. When you are experiencing pressure or spiritual warfare, one thing above all others can be your source of comfort and strength—and it is also your most powerful weapon. That is, the Presence of God.


Your Most Powerful Weapon of Warfare 
(God’s Presence)


Helen Calder
When you are experiencing pressure or spiritual warfare, one thing above all others can be your source of comfort and strength—and it is also your most powerful weapon. That is, the Presence of God.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
As Joshua stood on the verge of the Promised Land, the most important thing he needed to know was that God was with Him and God was for him.

Perhaps today, you need to be reminded of this very thing: ‘God is WITH you, and God is FOR you.’

Be a Lover of God’s Presence Like Joshua was

From his youth, Joshua was Moses’ attendant. As the right hand man of Israel’s leader, Joshua spent a lot of time near the manifest Presence of God. (See Exodus 24:13-14, Exodus 33:11)
Joshua jealously prized the precious anointing of the Spirit that was on Moses’ life (Numbers 11:24-29).
During all of these decades of wilderness living, Joshua lived in the vicinity of the Presence of God, but it was Moses alone, who had the face to face relationship with Him.

Finally, as Joshua faces Jericho, the greatest test of his generalship, he has his own face to face encounter with God.

‘Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, “Are you for us or for our enemies?”
“Neither,” he replied, “but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence…’
 (Joshua 5:13-15)
What a powerful moment! The culmination of a lifetime of honouring God’s Presence. Not an angel, because an angel would not have received worship—but an encounter with God Himself.

Faced with your greatest challenge, you can look around you and know: ‘The place where you stand is holy’ (Joshua 5:15)

God’s Presence is the Ultimate Weapon of Warfare

‘The armed men went before the priests who blew the trumpets, and the rear guard came after the ark, while the priests continued blowing the trumpets.’ (Joshua 6:9—Jericho)
God has given to you mighty weapons of warfare—including the Name of Jesus, the Bible, the
‘rhema’ word of His prophetic intention for a situation, and praise.
However, the most powerful weapon in your Heavenly arsenal, is the Presence of God Himself, within and upon you..
We see the centrality of God’s manifest Presence in the Ark of God, carried by the Levites into the Promised Land.
·         It was the manifest Presence of God, dwelling upon the Ark, that stopped the Jordan River so that the Israelites could cross. (Joshua 3:14-17)
·         It was the Ark that circled Jericho, between Israel’s army and the rest of the people. (Joshua 6:6-7)

What was the difference between Joshua’s army, and that of Jericho, and all the giants that were in the land? God’s very Presence was with them.

They were hosting the Presence of God.

God’s Presence is with you!
The battle of Jericho was won because of Joshua’s intimate relationship with God. The battle was won, because God’s manifest Presence was engaged in the warfare.

When God’s Presence is with you, no enemy can stop you. Nothing and no one can hinder you from entering into God’s promises for your life.

·      The key to your breakthrough is not a method, it is your relationship with God.
·      The key to winning the battle you face, is not your own strength, it is the power of God’s Presence upon you. It is the Holy Spirit within you.
As has often been said, ‘Don’t say, “God, here is my problem.” Say, “Problem, here is my God!”

The Power of God’s Presence in the Battle

Praise and worship celebrates and honours God’s Presence in the midst of conflict. This is one reason why worship and praise is powerful in times of spiritual warfare.
‘You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.’ (Psalm 23:5)

God is with you in the midst of the battle! He is pouring
out a fresh anointing.

This is why the enemy will attack us specifically in the area of having confidence in God’s Presence. He wants us to doubt. He wants to separate us from God’s Presence through a lie of shame or unworthiness.
However, know above all things, the blood of Jesus covers your sin and removes all shame. (Hebrews 10:19-22)

When your confidence is in the Presence of God, His Presence is what you are responding to, not the circumstance.

·         You are watching to see what He is doing, sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
·         You are waging spiritual warfare from an attitude of rest.
·         You do not have to strive, because His Presence is taking care of the situation. You are proactive in obedience to what God is saying.
Be like Esther, who brought the enemy of God’s people right into the presence of the King. That’s where he was defeated. (Esther 7:8)
Be like Joshua, whose intimate conversation with God and value of God’s Presence won the battle. (Joshua 6-7)
Be like Jesus, empowered and anointed by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 4:1-14)

No weapon formed against you shall prosper. Instead, you shall rise, victorious, empowered by the Holy Spirit, to enter into God’s promises for your life.

In this spiritual war, there are no fence-sitters – you are either on the Lords’ victorious army or on the wicked “Powers” of Satan.
Ensure you are listed with the victorious army of the Lord.  Settle that sin issue right now by saying this prayer:
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. Thank you, Lord, that according to Your Word, I am born again. I promise to obey You and study your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

http://www.enlivenpublishing.com/blog/2016/05/17/your-most-powerful-weapon-of-warfare-gods-presence/
RELATED POSTS:

God Wants You To Be an Overcomer, 
not a Casualty 
CLICK HERE . . . 

How Angelic Warfare Affects Your Prayers
God’s Spiritual Armor     

Surely The Presence Of The Lord
Words and Music by Lanny Wolfe

Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
I can feel God's mighty power and God's grace.
I can hear the brush of angel's wings,
I see glory on each face.
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.

In the midst of His children
The Lord said He would be.
It doesn't take very many
It can be just two or three.
And I feel that same sweet spirit
That I felt oft times before.
Surely I can say
I've been with My Lord

Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
I can feel God's mighty power and God's grace.
I can hear the brush of angel's wings,

I see glory on each face.
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.

There's a holy hush around us,
As God's glory fills this place.
I've touched the hem of God's garment,
I can almost see God's face.
And my heart is over flowing
With the fullness of God's joy.
And I know, without a doubt,

That I've been with the Lord.

Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
I can feel God's mighty power and God's grace.
I can hear the brush of angel's wings,
I see glory on each face.
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place

“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (Matthew 18: 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment