Tuesday, November 8, 2016

CULTS - We think of a cult as a group that practices Satan worship or sacrifices animals. In reality, cults often appear as innocent groups who provide physical and religious assistance to a community.

What is A Cult

In our society, we think of a cult as a group that practices Satan worship or sacrifices animals.
In reality, cults often appear as innocent groups who provide physical and religious assistance to a community. 
There are basically two kinds of cults.
- The first kind is a manipulative group who controls its members completely and demands complete commitment and loyalty.
- The second kind of cult is one who deviates from biblical Christianity.
The Encyclopedia of Cults and New Religions defines a cult as: "A separate religious group generally claiming compatibility with Christianity but whose doctrines contradict those of historic Christianity and who practices and ethical standards violate those of biblical Christianity." 
The respected book Kingdom of the Cults, quotes Dr. Charles Braden as defining a cult to be: "… any religious group which differs significantly in some one or more respects as to belief or practice from those religious groups which are regarded as the normative expressions of religion in our total culture." 
Basically, what makes a religious group a cult is a denial of the essential doctrines of the Christian faith. For example: denial of the deity of Jesus Christ or the Trinity, denial of Jesus' resurrection, denial of salvation by faith, etc. 
Another distinguishing factor of cults is the way they twist the Bible and interpret it incorrectly. Many cults take verses out of context, combine passages that aren't relevant to each other, and use incorrect definitions of theological terms. 
These theological teachings are presented to people slowly and the thinking process of the person is gradually changed. As an inquirer hears the doctrine
presented repeatedly, they gradually accept points one at a time. 
1 John 4:1-3 instructs us: "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world." 
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
RELATED POSTS:
Did Nostradamus Predict the End of the World

Ear-Tickling Doctrines We Should Never Tolerate

Did you know that there is a huge mountain of evidence for the Christian faith? 
allaboutcults.org

No comments:

Post a Comment