Sunday, July 17, 2016

ARMAGEDDON - For centuries, the name “Armageddon” has been understood as the final battle at the end of the world between the forces of good and evil. The name of the battle is not called “Armageddon.” It is called the battle of “that great day of God Almighty."

Armageddon: 
What Is It? 
Many people describe the final battle at the end of the world as the battle of Armageddon. 
But is that really what the Bible teaches?
For centuries, the name “Armageddon” has been understood as the final battle at the end of the world between the forces of good and evil. 
Yet in Revelation 16:16, the only place in the Bible where this word is found, we see a different explanation: “And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.”
“They,” according to verses 13-14, are the three unclean “spirits of demons, performing signs,” who go out to the leaders of the earth “to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.”
Notice that the name of the battle is not called Armageddon.” It is called the battle of “that great day of God Almighty.”
Armageddon will be the gathering place for the armies. 
Site of many battles in history

The Hebrew word for Armageddon is actually “Har Megiddo,” which means hill or mountain of Megiddo. It also referred to the plain and valley of Esdraelon.
It was in this area where Pharaoh Necho of Egypt, on his way to aid the king of Assyria, was attacked by King Josiah of Judah, who then was defeated by the Egyptians at Megiddo (2 Kings 23:29-30).
According to a historical marker at the site of Megiddo, “The city of Megiddo played a prominent role in the history of the ancient Near East. Strategically located at the mouth of the Nahal ‘Iron Pass,’ Megiddo controlled access to the road that linked Egypt with Mesopotamia and Anatolia—the most important trade and military route of that time. Megiddo is the only site in the Land of Israel mentioned in the records of all Near Eastern ancient powers and was one of the most fought-over cities of the region.”
Staging area for the future battle
Even though this valley has seen many major battles in the past, Har Megiddo (Armageddon) is only going to be the staging area for the armies in the future. 
Those armies, once gathered, will travel south to Jerusalem, and the actual battle of the “great day of God Almighty” will take place in the Valley of Jehoshaphat (Kidron Valley) just to the east of the Old City of Jerusalem. 
Notice Joel 3:2: “I will also gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; and I will enter into judgment with them there on account of My people, My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; they have also divided up My land.”
Also notice verses 12-14: “‘Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations. Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; for the winepress is full, the vats overflow—for their wickedness is great.’ Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.”

The same phraseology of Joel 3 is used in Revelation 19:11-20. These verses describe the battle of the great day of God Almighty, in which Jesus Christ returns to the earth and will defeat the armies sent against Him.
So, in summary, Armageddon is the place where the armies of the earth will be gathered. Those armies will then march toward Jerusalem to battle against Jesus Christ in the battle of the great day of God Almighty.
Christ, of course, will defeat those armies. Christ will then establish the Kingdom of God on the earth, which will rule forever.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.” 
RELATED POSTS:
The Real Reason Satan 
Is Raging 
Against 
Christians 
Right Now
Who are 
the four 
horsemen 
of the 
apocalypse?

A Sign 
for the 
Rapture?

“The Battle Belongs to the Lord”                                       Jamie Owens-Collins

lyrics
In heavenly armour we'll enter the land
The battle belongs to the Lord
No weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand
The battle belongs to the Lord
We sing glory and honor
Power and strength to the Lord
(repeat)
The power of darkness comes in like a flood
The battle belongs to the Lord
He's raised up a standard, the power of His blood
The battle belongs to the Lord
we sing glory and honor
power in strength to the lord
(repeat)
When your enemy presses in hard do not fear
The battle belongs to the Lord
Take courage my friend, your redemption is near
The battle belongs to the Lord
the battle belongs to the lord
battle belongs to the lord......
 
http://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/end-times/armageddon/

No comments:

Post a Comment