Saturday, February 25, 2017

GOD'S TIME - God has a duration for our life. In God's grace He will not allow one day more or one day less than that duration. It's all according to His divine plan. It is also possible that those in Christ will never die. Whether God chooses to take us to Himself through the blessing of death or the blessed hope, in God's plan we end up being with Him forever.

God's Time
By Woodrow Kroll

Part 4 - God's Time By Woodrow Kroll


------------
Click here for Part 1 - God's Time - Pearl of Wisdom
Click here for Part 2 – God's Time - Season and time, Polar Opposites
Click here for Part 3 - God's Time - All things beautiful

------------
Part 4 - Going according to plan
If God has already determined the times and seasons of our lives, is it possible to die before our time? In a sense it is.
Solomon exhorted, "Do not be overly wicked, nor be foolish: why should you die before your time?" (Ecclesiastes 7:17).
Through wickedness or self-will, we can deprive ourselves of the fullness of days that God would have liked to have given us, but even this must be approved by God and is a part of His eternal plan.
For a believer, the thought that not only do we have a time to be born, but there is a set duration before our death, is a tremendous comfort.
It means everything is going according to God's plan. The apostle John said, "Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, 'Write: "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord"' (Revelation 14:13).
The psalmist added, "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints" (Psalm 116:15).

Of course, we still don't look forward to death. And when death comes to our family--to our spouse, to our little children, to our parents--we always say, "Why, Lord? Why now?"
But we must never forget that God has a duration for our life. In God's grace He will not allow one day more or one day less than that duration. It's all according to His divine plan.
And here's one final and exciting possibility within God's plan. It is also possible that those in Christ will never die.
In 1 Thessalonians 4:17, Paul says, "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."
It is possible that the season of our lives will simply be swallowed up in the eternity of God. 
The omnipotent One can interrupt the sequence of "a time to be born and a time to die," and one day He will do just that. Perhaps today!
Whether God chooses to take us to Himself through the blessing of death or the blessed hope, in God's plan we end up being with Him forever.
Instead of fretting about the days of our lives or worrying about how long we will live, life would be more enjoyable if we simply rested in the Lord and committed all those days to Him, including our final days.
In a world of heroic medical care and wonder drugs, let's not forget that just as the day of our birth was part of God's eternal timetable, so is the day of our death.
None of us likes the idea of facing death, but those who have trusted Jesus Christ as Savior can face it very differently than those who are fearing the consequences of their sin.
For believers, the day of our death is another day to glorify the Lord. The day when we die is simply another day to commit to a loving and omniscient God.
The day of our death is, in His hands, every bit as wonderful as the day of our birth. "This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24).
When you live and die in the knowledge of God's eternal plan, you live and die with this confidence--God makes all things beautiful in their time.
Are you tired of everything in your life going wrong? Are you fed up with trying to make things in your life lovely and easy and pleasant, only to have them turn out messy and hard and distasteful?
Maybe you've gone the whole route. You've been through alcohol, you've been through drugs, you've been through sex addiction, you've been through climbing the ladder of success--and your life is still a colossal mess.
But don't give up yet. There is an answer. The answer is Jesus Christ in your life.
It's through faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior that God can make your life beautiful, and He does it in His own time.
And maybe--just maybe--this is God's time for youLet Him make your life beautiful.
And maybe--just maybe--this is God's time for you. Let Him make your life beautiful.
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”



 “Just As I Am”                   

Written by: Charlotte Elliott,

Music written by: William B. Bradbury,



lyrics  
Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,

And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
------------
Click here for Part 1 - God's Time - Pearl of Wisdom
Click here for Part 2 – God's Time - Season and time, Polar Opposites
Click here for Part 3 - God's Time - All things beautiful
------------






No comments:

Post a Comment