Sunday, February 5, 2017

- JOY OF YOUR LORD - What we are called to do is to be faithful in the work that the Lord has given us to do. Your mission is to serve the Lord and preach the gospel of saving grace. Then one day, you will hear those words we all long for “… well done, good and faithful servant.”

Do you have the “joy of your Lord” now?

By Shari Abbott, Reasons for Hope* Jesus 
“His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’” (Matthew 25:21)  
Are you waiting for your reward in heaven?  
While it is true that we will receive rewards in heaven, we should not focus primarily on the what is to come. 
We are given very little understanding from Scripture about what those rewards will be; perhaps because if they were more explicitly told to us we would have difficulty understanding. 
Our minds are finite and the limitations of the world in which we live preclude our comprehension of eternal things to come.
We do know that our heavenly rewards will be amazing beyond what we can imagine, and so we look forward with anticipation. 
However, while we remain here on the earth, we must think also on the present.
Jesus has given you another day to be that “good and faithful servant.” 
We have a great reward in this life, in each and every day, the opportunity to serve the One who came and lived and died for us.
Whatever you are going through, and whatever your day may bring, live your life with your mission and purpose in mind. 
Your mission is to serve the Lord and preach the gospel of saving grace. 
There will be days when you will feel that you have been successful in fulfilling that mission and other days in which you feel that you fall far short. 
What we are called to do is to be faithful in the work that the Lord has given us to do. 
It’s not our results that will be rewarded, but rather the works that flow from a heart that desires to serve the Lord.
In approaching each day with your heart devoted to serving Him, you will find it much easier to live in a way that brings honor and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ; and you will find that you “enter into the joy of your Lord” here and now. 
Then one day, you will hear those words we all long for “… well done, good and faithful servant.”
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:23-24)
Take the time to get to know God in an intimate way.
As your relationship with Him grows, you move up in rank and are assigned harder missions. Your purpose on earth is to shine God’s love to a lost and dying world.
Open your ears and your heart to the Lord and be excited about your new future serving Him in spirit and truth.
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life.
Serve Him.
Wait on Him.
And expect … for He is able to do much much more than you can ask or imagine.
Settle that sin issue ...
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. 
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

RELATED POSTS:







https://reasonsforhopejesus.com/joy-lord-now/






 

No comments:

Post a Comment