Monday, February 13, 2017

- LOVE FROM ABOVE - The Bible is God's Valentine to you and me. His Word is the love letter written in the precious blood of Jesus. Everyone of His creation has been destined by God to fit into the purpose and plan of creation.

The Greatest Love Comes From Above

by Julaine Christensen

 “How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, I would still be with You.” (Psalm 139:17)
The Bible is God's Valentine to you and me and in it, His Word is the love letter written in the precious blood of Jesus.
I just returned from purchasing Valentine cards and candy for my grandchildren. The heart-shaped boxes and bright cherry-red packages were great expressions of what I feel toward them. 
Love is in the air. A grandmother will do anything and go to any length to express how important these little Valentines are. In fact, I can't think of anything more exciting than watching my grandchildren grow into the plans and purposes of God. 
Seeing children through a grandparent's eyes is very different from a parent as we have time to meditate and analyze every word, expression, and gesture our perfect grandchildren make. 
We can take the smallest little smile they give and know that God is going to use this child to change the world. No Valentine card could ever even begin to express what we feel. 
God the Father feels the same way. In fact, it says in Psalm 139:13-18 that He formed our inward parts. He knit us together in our mother's womb. It also says that our frame was not hidden from Him when we were being formed in secret. 
What is so amazing is that before we were ever born, our Father thought us through. He created our purpose in life and then formed our inward parts to fit that purpose.
In other words, everyone of His creation has been destined by God to fit into the purpose and plan of creation. 
Certainly we are not a blob of "something" that He just threw together. We did not just come into being - people, we were knit together with the greatest of love that has ever been given. 
How proud He was as each one became a living being fit for the Master's use.
In fact, maybe one could say that we are the canvas and the Father painted daily and carefully forming the beauty of His love within each of us. 
Possibly that is the reason so many are looking for something in this world to fill a void that ONLY His love can fill. The canvas is never complete until the space of His love is painted in. 
It says in Psalm 139:17,
“How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, I would still be with You.”
I like to think that His thoughts toward me are more than the sands possibly of the sea. The sands of the seas cover a lot of territory.
Have you ever put sand in your hand and let it slide through your fingers? 
Think of it! His thoughts toward you and me are more than the sands. If I truly tried to calculate, I really could not - it would be impossible.
But suppose that the sands of the seas are an incalculable number - then perhaps He thinks about me every trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second every day. 
I am trying to expand for you just how much His thoughts of love are.
He thinks love thoughts towards YOU everyday, all day and every second of the day.
Do you suppose that the Father loves you and me? 
Do you suppose like a proud Father (Grandfather), there are no words or Valentine wishes to express just what He feels toward us?
Actually, the Bible is His Valentine to you and me and in it, His Word is the love letter written in the precious blood of Jesus for you and me. 
God reveals Himself to mankind in the role of a Father in several contexts. The most important is that of a spiritual Father.
Thus, Christians experience a God who expresses all the qualities of a loving Father.
- He gives us life (John 3:3);
- He loves us (John 3:16);
- He rewards our efforts (Hebrews 11:6);
- He communicates with us through His Word (John 17:17; Ephesians 1:13; Colossians 1:5; 1 Thessalonians 2:13);
- He corrects us lovingly (Hebrews 12:3-11).
And, most important, God will grant us the ultimate gift, eternal life in His Kingdom through His grace if we repent of our sins and obey His commands .
To experience God as a personal, caring, loving Father, you have to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. You will become a child of God and begin the fulfillment of the reason you were created by God.
Say the following prayer:

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. 
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now Your child, and I am born again.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Please use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

Julaine Christensen  
At the age of 26, Julaine gave her life to Christ in Washington, D.C., while working as a legislative aide on Capital Hill. Since then she has followed Him diligently. While moving about the country, she taught high school English and Bible for 18 years. In March of 1992, in obedience to the call of God, Julaine was licensed by the Assemblies of God and then in April of 1998, she was ordained. Throughout all this time, key philosophies were being developed in her life. 
Born in South Dakota to a Lutheran family, Julaine attended and graduated from South Dakota State University, where she met her husband, Dave. As a military family they have traveled extensively throughout the United States. At the age of 26, Julaine gave her life to Christ in Washington, D.C., while working as a legislative aide on Capital Hill. 
Since then she has followed Him diligently. While moving about the country, she taught high school English and Bible for 18 years. In March of 1992, in obedience to the call of God, Julaine was licensed by the Assemblies of God and then in April of 1998, she was ordained. Throughout all this time, key philosophies were being developed in her life. Web site: 
Julaine International Ministries

RELATED POSTS:

"Ancient Words"     
  
      Michael W. Smith
      Songwriters: FREEMAN, RONNIE C. JR. / WOOD, TONY W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouTgX9hcwk4MichaelWSmithopenupyourheart7


lyrics

Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world,
They resound with God's own heart
Oh, let the Ancient words impart.
Words of Life, words of Hope
Give us strength, help me cope
In this world, where e'er we roam
Ancient words will guide us Home.
.
[Chorus]
.
Ancient words ever true
Changing me, and changing you.
We have come with open hearts
Oh let the ancient words impart.
Holy words of our Faith 
Handed down to this age.
Came to us through sacrifice
Oh heed the faithful words of Christ.
.
Holy words long preserved 
For our walk in this world.
They resound with God's own heart
Oh let the ancient words impart.
[Chorus:Repeat x4]
We have come with open hearts
Oh let the ancient words impart.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment