Tuesday, February 21, 2017

- JOY IN THE MORNING - In each believer’s life there must be pain and weeping, but as measured in the scales of eternity, these will only “endure for a night.” And one morning the night will vanish forever.

Joy In the Morning
“For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning” (Psalm 30:5).
God is necessarily a God of wrath, for He is a holy god and cannot ignore human sin. 
Nevertheless, He is evermore a God of love.  His very purpose in creation was that His love could be manifested to men and women created in His image.
 Because there is sin, there must be suffering and death, but He is “slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy” (Psalm 103:8). 
He has provided a marvelous means of forgiveness and salvation to all who will accept it, through the substitutionary death of His Son. 
This was a most cruel death, but even this was ameliorated by God’s overshadowing mercy, and there was “joy … in the morning!” 
He, “for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2).
Likewise in each believer’s life there must be pain and weeping, but as measured in the scales of eternity, these will only “endure for a night.”
And one morning the night will vanish forever.  “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: … for there shall be no night there” (Revelation 21:4,25).
Therefore, as the apostle Paul said: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Corinthians 4:17). 
We can, like Him, “reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us” (Romans 8:18). 
We will be forever “in Christ,” who could say prophetically while looking toward the cross (as recorded in one of the Messianic psalms):
“In Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:11).
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
.
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
.
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

RELATED POSTS:

BEYOND THE SUNSET
.
.
.
.
Answering Hard Questions About the Afterlife
Knowing Our Loved Ones in Heaven
icr.org





 



No comments:

Post a Comment