Thursday, April 6, 2017

- AFTER THE CROSS - All of us are different after we encounter the Cross. Often we do not recognize God walking with us during difficulty unless we spend time in intimate fellowship with Him, feeding on His Word and listening for His voice instead of trying to make sense of what is happening on our own.


After the Cross


Candy Arrington



.
"After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God" Acts 1:3

After Jesus' crucifixion, His friends and followers hid, fearful, and overcome by disappointment and grief. 
They had lived and worked with Him during His ministry, expecting He would eventually overthrow the Roman government and become king.
Then, suddenly, He was betrayed, arrested, condemned, and crucified.
They could not imagine He might come back to life and walk among them again.
After the cross – fear
"When the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, ‘Peace be with you!’" John 20:19
Fear is the emotion that keeps us in hiding and paralyzes us into inactivity.
God knew we were going to struggle with fear because His word instructs us not to fear in over 300 verses.
Boldly face life, knowing Jesus' sacrifice on the cross connects you to the power and protection of God the Father.
After the cross – doubt
"Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!" Matthew 28:16-17
When Jesus appeared to His disciples following his resurrection, Thomas was hesitant, not crowding around like the others.
Was this man an impostor? Although he spoke like the friend and teacher Thomas knew, Thomas needed proof.
Doubt is our greatest obstacle in trusting God's plan and provision for our lives.
We allow doubt to wash over us like ocean waves, clouding our vision and distancing us from the safety of shore. But Jesus is our anchor in a sea of doubt.
After the Cross – recognition
Cleopas and a companion traveled on the road to Emmaus. Jesus appeared and walked with them, but they did not recognize him.
They were overwhelmed by shock and grief, trying to process the events of preceding days.
When they finally recognized Jesus, they were engaged in an everyday event - eating.
As they broke bread with a man they thought was a stranger, recognition dawned.
Often we do not recognize God walking with us during difficulty unless we spend time in intimate fellowship with Him, feeding on His Word and listening for His voice instead of trying to make sense of what is happening on our own.
After the cross – joy
"The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were very frightened but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel's message" Matthew 28:8
The women experience two emotions at once - fear and joy - but their joy was greater than their fear.
Often we do not rush to tell others about Jesus because fear wins. Instead, focus on the joy of salvation and share the good news.
After the cross – hope
"This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven" Acts 1:11
Perhaps the disciples felt abandoned when Jesus returned to His Father.
But he had commissioned them to spread the gospel so they did not remain on the mountain awaiting His return.
Although we have the promise of Jesus' return, He invites us to join him in what He is doing on earth now, sharing the benefits of life in Christ and the hope of eternity.
All of us are different after we encounter the Cross.
Although we still experience the fear and doubt Jesus' followers did after His crucifixion, we know Jesus is not still hanging on the cross or lying in a tomb.
He is alive and living in us by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rejoice!
If you are walking through the valley right now because of a death, an accident, a serious medical condition, a financial crisis, the loss of a job or any other tragedy, stand on God's immovable promises and let His words bring security to your soul.
Let God's promises guide you like signal lights through your dark valley. 
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).
Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

http://www1.cbn.com/devotions/after-cross
RELATED POSTS:

Thank You For The Cross
.


CLICK HERE . . .
.
Crucified With 
Christ
.
CLICK HERE . . .
.
TAKE UP YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW
.
.



CLICK HERE . . .

Love Lifted Me

     James Rowe

CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . .

lyrics
1 I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Refrain:
Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me.
2 All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I'll cling,
In his blessed presence live, ever his praises sing.
Love so mighty and so true merits my soul's best songs;
Faithful loving service, too, to Him belongs. 
[Refrain]
3 Souls in danger, look above, Jesus completely saves;
He will lift you by His love out of the angry waves;
He's the master of the sea, billows His will obey;
He your Savior wants to be, be saved today. 
[Refrain]

No comments:

Post a Comment