Monday, April 10, 2017

- WERE YOU THERE - Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble. Were you there when they crucified my Lord?

Were You There


Traditional Negro Spiritual


The World's Largest Ever Male Voice Choir from the old Cardiff Arms Park in Wales 
Traditional Negro Spiritual written before 1865. Traditionally it has seven verses. It speaks to the simplicity of the message of the Gospel, Easter and Resurrection. 

This arrangement was inspired by the fact that the arranger, Deborah, was able to sing it acapella in front of the garden tomb in Israel for a large group visiting the tomb. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrT70JIm9eQAshleyChildersSDAAshley’sChannel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5qUnKC9rPUKingsCollegeCambridgespiritdei
.
lyrics


1. Were you there when they crucified my Lord? 
   Were you there when they crucified my Lord? 
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, 
tremble, tremble. 
   Were you there when they crucified my Lord? 
.
2. Were you there when they nailed him to the tree? 
   Were you there when they nailed him to the tree? 
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, 
tremble, tremble. 
   Were you there when they nailed him to the tree? 
.
3. Were you there when they laid him in the tomb? 
   Were you there when they laid him in the tomb? 
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, 
tremble, tremble. 
   Were you there when they laid him in the tomb? 
.
4. Were you there when God raised him from the tomb? 
   Were you there when God raised him from the tomb? 
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, 
tremble, tremble. 
   Were you there when God raised him from the tomb? 







No comments:

Post a Comment