Tuesday, April 4, 2017

JESUS PAID IT ALL - We have all sinned against God and He provided the only way for atonement. Jesus was sent as our Savior to pay this debt. God offers this gift for each of us and all we must do is accept His grace and forgiveness. In doing this, we acknowledge that Jesus is Lord, has taken on our debt and paid it all for us.


Jesus Paid It All

What does this mean?

Believing Jesus paid it all is at the foundation of Christianity.
It is based on the faith that God sent Jesus Christ as His Son to earth and that Jesus was crucified on a cross and rose to life again to pay the debt for sin.
This was His purpose. We have all sinned against God and He provided the only way for atonement. 
Jesus was sent as our Savior to pay this debt. God offers this gift for each of us and all we must do is accept His grace and forgiveness.
In doing this, we acknowledge that Jesus is Lord, has taken on our debt and paid it all for us.
This realization inspired one of the longest-standing hymns of all time.
The Lyrics
The words to the song “Jesus Paid It All” was written by Elvina Hall in 1865.
Being prompted by his wife, John T. Grape wrote the score.
However it was Grape’s Pastor, Rev. George W. Schrek who believed the score and Hall’s words should be paired together.
The song appeared in a hymnal for the first time in 1868. 
Excerpts from Jesus Paid It All 
I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness....watch and pray

Find in me....thine all in all
Chorus:
Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin hath left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and Thine alone
Can change the leper's spots
And melt the heart of stone
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim
I'll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calvary's Lamb
And when before thy throne
I stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat
Official video for “Jesus Paid It All [Live]” feat. Bill & Gloria Gaither, Ivan Parker


CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . .

Scriptures that may have inspired this hymn
“‘Come now, let us reason together,’ says the LORD. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool’” (Isaiah 1:18). 
“He must become greater; I must become less” (John 3:30). 
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him” (John 3:16-17).
Indeed, Jesus paid it all, especially for the lost and needy children of the world.
God the Father chose to send Jesus to the cross to show His love and the seriousness of our sin.
Jesus accepted to take our punishment, to save all who would believe.
Why not receive God's gift of salvation and become His child?
Open your heart and say this prayer:
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now born again.
Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word - the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”
"WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved," (Romans 10:13).

allaboutjesuschrist.org
RELATED POSTS:
.
Power in the 
Blood
.
CLICK HERE . . .
.
.
The Blood 
of Christ
.
CLICK HERE . . .
Life in the Blood
.
.
.


CLICK HERE . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment