Saturday, April 15, 2017

RESURRECTION SUNDAY OR EASTER SUNDAY - Biblically speaking, there is absolutely no connection between the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the common modern traditions related to the so-called Easter Sunday. The day on which Jesus' Resurrection is celebrated should not be referred to as Easter. . Easter has nothing to do with Jesus' Resurrection on a Sunday.

Easter Sunday
What Easter Sunday Is
.

There is a lot of confusion regarding what Easter Sunday is all about.
For some, Easter Sunday is about the Easter Bunny, colorfully decorated Easter eggs, and Easter egg hunts.
Most people understand that Easter Sunday has something to do with the Resurrection of Jesus, but are confused as to how the Resurrection of Jesus is related to the Easter eggs and the Easter bunny. .

Biblically speaking, there is absolutely no connection between the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the common modern traditions related to the so-called Easter Sunday..

Essentially, what occurred is that in order to make Christianity more attractive to non-Christians, the ancient Roman Catholic Church mixed the celebration of Jesus' Resurrection with celebrations that involved spring fertility rituals..

These spring fertility rituals are the source of the egg and bunny traditions..
The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week, Sunday (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1, 19)..
Jesus' Resurrection is most worthy of being celebrated (see 1 Corinthians 15)..
While it is appropriate for Jesus' Resurrection to be celebrated on a Sunday, the day on which Jesus' Resurrection is celebrated should not be referred to as Easter..
Easter has nothing to do with Jesus' Resurrection on a Sunday..
As a result, many Christians feel strongly that the day on which we celebrate Jesus' resurrection should not be referred to as "Easter Sunday.".
Rather, something like "Resurrection Sunday" would be far more appropriate and biblical..

For the Christian, it is unthinkable that we would allow the silliness of Easter eggs and the Easter bunny to be the focus of the day instead of the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ..

By all means, celebrate Christ's Resurrection on Easter Sunday..
Christ's Resurrection is something that should be celebrated every day, not just once a year..
At the same time, if we choose to celebrate Easter Sunday, we should not allow the fun and games to distract our attention from what the day should truly be all about. .
The fact that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, and that His Resurrection demonstrates that we can indeed be promised an eternal home in Heaven by receiving Jesus as our Savior..
Are you struggling with a big decision or wondering how your eternal future will play out?.
Why not talk to the God of the universe and let Him work in your behalf?.
He says, “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you" (Psalm 32:8).  

Ask God to show you what to do. Pray the following prayer:
.
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
RELATED POSTS:
.
Celebrate, Jesus, 
Celebrate
.


CLICK HERE . . .
Easter Christian
The reality of Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection
CLICK HERE . . .
.
Easter in the 
Bible 
Translation Error?
.
CLICK HERE . . .
http://puricarefiles.blogspot.com/2017/04/easter-in-bible-new-testament-church-of.html
.

“Victory In Jesus”                 
      
        E.M. Bartlett
Official video for “Victory in Jesus [Live]” feat. Cynthia Clawson, Steve Amerison, Sue Dodge, Guy Penrod

CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . .
lyrics
I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory. 
Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood. 
I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing pow'r revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and bro't
To me the victory. 

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.  


Easter Sunday Calendar:
2018 – April 1
2019 – April 21
2020 – April 12

No comments:

Post a Comment