Sunday, April 30, 2017

- FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND - Guy & Ralna - Last night I had a dream. I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonged to me, the other to the Lord.

Footprints In The Sand  

Guy & Ralna

From the poem by Mary Stevenson

Guy & Ralna is an American singing act that appeared as regulars on television's The Lawrence Welk Show from 1970 to 1982.


Last night I had a dream.
I dreamed I was walking
along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. 

For each scene, 
I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonged to me, the other to the Lord.
After the last scene of my life 
flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand. 

I noticed that at many times
along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me,
so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way. 

But I noticed
that during the saddest
and most troublesome times of my life, 
there was only one set of footprints. 
I don't understand why,
when I needed You the most,
You would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you. 
During your times of suffering,
when you could see
only one set of footprints, 
It was then that I carried you."

Footprints in the sand
He held me in His hands
He gave me strength
To face the coming day.
At times I felt alone
I was never on my own.
Someday I’ll understand
Footprints in the sand.


.
RELATED POSTS:.
Footprints 
In The Sand
What Story Do They Tell? 
CLICK HERE . . .
.
When You Don’t See an End to Your Trials 
CLICK HERE . . .
.
How Long O LORD?





CLICK HERE . . .

Walk With Faith In Your Heart
CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist






 


No comments:

Post a Comment