Thursday, April 27, 2017

- MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE - My faith looks up to thee, thou Lamb of Calvary, Savior divine! Now hear me while I pray; take all my guilt away. O let me from this day be wholly thine!

My Faith Looks 
Up to Thee


Text: Ray Palmer

Music: Lowell Mason,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQAYN3SgQQGeorgeBeverlySheaAlbertGeorge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuP_yeI9Fischristianpraiseandworship           
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF8AdFNEA0opianooldsongswithlyrics   


lyrics

1 My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray;

take all my guilt away.
O let me from this day
be wholly thine!
2 May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire.
As thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,

a living fire!
3 While life’s dark maze I tread
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow’s tears away,

nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.
4 When life’s swift race is run,
death’s cold work almost done,
be near to me.
Blest Savior, then, in love

fear and distrust remove.
O bear me safe above,
redeemed and free!


Ray Palmer, D.D., son of the Hon. Thomas Palmer, a Judge in Rhode Island, was born at Little Compton, Rhode Island, Nov. 12, 1808. His early life was spent at Boston, where he was for some time clerk in a dry-goods store. At Boston he joined the Park Street Congregational Church, then under the pastoral care of Dr. S. E. Dwight. After spending three years at Phillips Academy, Andover, he entered Yale College, New Haven, where he graduated in 1830. In 1835 he became pastor of the Central Congregational Church, Bath, Maine. During his pastorate there he visited Europe in 1847. In 1850 he was appointed to the First Congregational Church, at Albany, New York, and in 1865 Corresponding Secretary to the American Congregational Union, New York








No comments:

Post a Comment