Sunday, April 16, 2017

NATURAL DISASTERS AND THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD - God, in His righteous indignation against sinful nations, sends natural disasters as judgment and sometimes as a reminder to change their ways and trust Him. If God the Father were to judge a nation or a people now, He would have to apologize to Jesus for shedding His blood for the forgiveness of sin, in vain.

By His Blood
Earthquakes, Tsunamis and The Judgment of God

BY BROOK POTTER 
“But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” Romans 5:20c
It is often argued that God, in His righteous indignation against sinful nations, sends natural disasters as judgment and sometimes as a reminder to change their ways and trust Him.
I have never understood, how believers think, that God would use killing people, mostly unbelievers, and sending them to hell, as an effective evangelism tool.
Thinking like this completely ignores the fact that when God wanted to reach the unbelieving world, He sent his Son, not natural disasters.
Jesus Christ is the measure by which we judge the Scripture and see the Character of God.
Jesus said some very important things about God’s Judgment.
Firstly, John 5:22: For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son.” 
The Father does not Judge anyone.
The real clincher is His second statement; John 12:47: And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”
We have a conspiracy here, the Father hands all judgment to the Son, then the Son says He is not going to judge anyone.
In the book of Luke, we see this come to a head, when the Disciples asked if they should call down fire from heaven as Elijah did, when the village of Samaritans did not receive the words of Jesus. (Luke 9:51-54)
Now Jesus’ response was interesting, as He never denied that the disciples COULD actually call down fire, but rather He rebuked them saying they knew not what Spirit they were of.
“But he [Jesus] turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.” (Luke 9:55–56)  
Now, I am not denying that there is Judgment to come, but it is called The Day of Judgment where Men will be judged for what they have done with Jesus Christ.
That day is not today. Neither am I denying the Judgments of the Past, but we live under the New covenant, where the Blood of Jesus has dealt with the sin issue once and for the whole world. (1 John 2:2) 
In fact, if God the Father were to judge a nation or a people now, He would have to apologize to Jesus for shedding His blood for the forgiveness of sin, in vain.
It would ultimately make Jesus Christ a liar, for having prophesied that all sins would be forgiven the sons of men. (Mark 3:28)
So what about all those dreams and prophecies about tsunamis and earthquakes?
Well, how did Jesus deal with natural weather phenomenon that threatened people’s lives? He took authority over it, and said “Peace be still.” (Mark 4:39)
Oh, how we miss the heart of the Father in these dreams and visions.
God fully knows the power He has invested in his children, and the authority we have over the earth. (Psalm 115:16)
It is our responsibility to establish God’s Will on the Earth.
Hence, God reveals those things to us, not as a certain event that will happen.
Rather, He is showing us the plans of the enemy that we can take authority over it and bring it to nothing, so that unbelieving men would not perish and go to hell, but rather they will come to learn of the Goodness of God that leads to repentance and be saved. (2 Peter 3:9)
In this spiritual war, there are no fence-sitters – you are either with the Lords’ victorious army or with the wicked “Powers” of Satan.
Be sure you are listed with the victorious army of the Lord. Settle that sin issue right now by saying this prayer:
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. Thank you, Lord, that according to Your Word, I am born again. I promise to obey You and study your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”
RELATED POSTS:



CLICK HERE . . .



CLICK HERE . . .




CLICK HERE . . .



http://christianstt.com/



 




No comments:

Post a Comment