Thursday, April 13, 2017

HOLY SATURDAY - As Jesus died, He called out, “It is finished!” There was no further price to pay; sin had been atoned for. After His crucifixion, Jesus was laid in a nearby tomb, and His body remained there the entirety of Holy Saturday.

Holy Saturday
What is Holy Saturday?

Holy Saturday or Black Saturday is the name given to the day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
.
Some Christians recognize Holy Saturday, the seventh day of Holy Week, as the day on which Jesus “rested” from His work of providing salvation.
.
As Jesus died, He called out, “It is finished!” There was no further price to pay; sin had been atoned for.
.
After His crucifixion, Jesus was laid in a nearby tomb, and His body remained there the entirety of Holy Saturday (Matthew 27:59-60; Mark 15:46; Luke 23:53-54; John 19:39-42).

Churches that celebrate Holy Saturday traditionally do so by observing a day of somber reflection as they contemplate the world of darkness that would exist without the hope of Christ’s resurrection.
.
Indeed, without the resurrection of Christ, we would be in dire straits.
.
If Christ had never been raised, “your faith is futile; you are still in your sins” (1 Corinthians 15:17).
.
The disciples had scattered when Jesus was arrested (Mark 14:50).
.
They spent the first Holy Saturday hiding for fear of also being arrested (John 20:19).
.
The day between Christ’s crucifixion and His resurrection would have been a time of grief and shock as the stunned disciples tried to understand the murder of Jesus, the betrayal of Judas, and the dashing of their hopes.
.
The only biblical reference to what happened on Holy Saturday is found in Matthew 27:62-66.
.
After sundown on Friday—the day of Preparation—the chief priests and Pharisees visited Pontius Pilate. This visit was on the Sabbath, since the Jews reckoned a day as starting at sundown.
.
They asked Pilate for a guard for Jesus’ tomb. They remembered Jesus saying that He would rise again in three days (John 2:19-21).
.
And they wanted to do everything they could to prevent that.
.
As we know, the Roman guards were inadequate to prevent the resurrection, and the women who returned to the tomb Sunday morning found it empty.
.
The Lord had risen.
.
God the Father chose to send Jesus to the cross to show His love and the seriousness of our sin.
Jesus accepted to take our punishment, to save all who would believe.
Why not receive God's gift of salvation and become His child?.
Open your heart and say this prayer:
Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to Your Word, I am now born again.
Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word - the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

"WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved," (Romans 10:13).
RELATED POSTS:
.
Jesus Became 
Curse for Us
CLICK HERE . . .
Maundy 
Thursday

The Importance of Maundy Thursday
CLICK HERE . . .

Good Friday

What’s So Good about Good Friday?
CLICK HERE . . .

“Even In the Valley”
       Written by Rebecca J. Peck & Amy Marie Unthank 

CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . .

lyrics 

Verse 1
High upon this mountain
The sun is shining bright
My heart is filled with gladness
Here above the cares of life

But I’ve just come through the valley
Of trouble fear and pain.
It was there I came to know my God
Enough to stand and say...

chorus:
Even in the valley God is good.
Even in the valley He is faithful and true.
He carries his children through like He said he would
Even in the valley God is good.

Verse 2
The road of life has lead you
To a valley of defeat.
You wonder if the Father has heard your desperate plea,
But there is hope in the rugged place
Where tears of sorrow dwell.
Can’t you hear Him gently whispering,
“I’m here and all is well.”

chorus:
Even in the valley God is good.
Even in the valley He is faithful and true.
He carries His children through like He said he would
Even in the valley God is good.

chorus:
Even in the valley God is good.
Even in the valley He is faithful and true.
He carries his children through like He said he would
Even in the valley God is good.

God is so good He carries his children through like He said he would
Even in the valley God is good

Holy Saturday Calendar:
2018 – March 31
2019 – April 20
2020 – April 11

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment